• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are the Idler Wheels Covered Under warranty???

My Dealer is Tryin to Charge me for the Front Out of Round POS Idler wheels and claims Yamaha does not cover them...

If your are talking about the inside Idler wheels , there junk, even if you get them to cover they will be junk again in 500 miles, I was supprised to see these on the 07 sled , I had the same set up on my 05 vector, I had to machine the spacers and pivit arm to take bigger bearings and I have had no problems since, I guess the phazer will need the same thing, They also put these on the 06 nytro and guys were having problems. this is what I did to the vector, you can see the these are the bigger bearings wheels

Attachments

• DSCN06630001zzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    DSCN06630001zzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 77
Definite problem that Yamaha has been made aware of by a number of us. Will they warranty them, not if it's studded in that area (i.e. down the center). I smoked the first set within 100 miles, dealer ate the replacements...smoked them in less than 80 miles. After that, neither the dealer nor Yamaha would stand behind their product (inners if I remeber #21's). I replaced with some Viper wheels...do a search and you'll find others have done the same.

I also smoked the outer wheels later in the season, Yamaha did warranty these...couldn't push the blame I'm only studded up the middle. They put the same junk wheels on, I'll run them until they bend again.

The beefy Viper wheels I put on, still running straight and strong with over 1,000 miles of turning the bearing. ;)!

Back