• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARP Head Studs?

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
I have seen phazers that say they have an ARP head stud kit in them but I cannot find any where that offers them. Does anyone know where a person can get these? I poked around a bit, and it appears that the YXZ 1000r uses the same part number for the head bolts, and I have seen ARP kits for them so its not like ARP doesnt make studs that fit.

Its the same studs on Nytro. And there's ARP for Nytro if you google.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
So you just get a nytro kit and dont use the extra two studs?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

One of the studs for the nytro kit is cut at an angle to clear the water pump drive gear. Is that one needed on the phazer?

Nytro kits are $200. If you bought 6 individual ARP studs, washers, and nuts its $100. The only issue I am seeing is that the stock head bolts are 4 5/16" or 109.5mm and ARP only makes M10 x 1.25 studs at 6+ inches long. They do however, make two different studs that are M10 x 1.25 on the top, but M10 x 1.50 on the bottom in lengths that would work.

I found a thread on another website where they said the Nytro stud kits are supposed to be put in upside down with the hex down inside the head. Is that right?

For future searchers, I ended up calling Hurricane. They hadnt sold one yet, but they put together a 'kit' for the Phazer for $150 for me.

Its not listed on their site, but if you call and talk to dave he will get you set up

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Lashcat, give me a call, I can spec out what you need. 605-387-2833

Back