• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arrow skis verses Simmons pictures

BETHEVIPER said:
I am glad my information got you thinking about geometry while riding your sled, that was my intent, not enough people think of why something is, they just ride and enjoy themselves, just riding for the fun and enjoyment of it :o|

P.S. I wont tell your wife about your tape messure

Ahh but you see you did not think about it. At speed you hardly turn the ski's. If you do this in the shop (turn the skis as if at speed in a sweeping corner) on the flat hard concrete floor. What you find is a lift of thousands of an inch. What you also find is that compress the suspension and inch on the outside ski changes the angle of the spindle tipping it outward and those thousands of an inch disappear.

What else you will find is if the inside ski lifts an inch the outside ski is running on the outer carbide more then the inner. Now you may want to nit pic over my mistake on the placement of the carbide or even the width of the ski. As I was only commenting on your theory of the Simmons or Doo ski's of which I find fault in your statement of them making the stance narrower.

This only happens at slow speeds and very tight turns. At speed the effect of which you speak of does not happen. The outer carbide is still in contact with the snow it is still bearing weight.

As far as your speaking to me as if I have to justify buying the Simmons well your wrong. I bought them because the stock skis sank like a rock anything below 30 mph off trail and even at 30mph they would head for the bottom the minute you backed off the throttle.

What I got as a bonus was a better flatter cornering sled. One because the Simmons want to stay on center better then the stock and two because at 60mph in a sweeper the ski stance is wider and bearing the weight transfer on the outside carbide.

You of course argue this by turning the ski hard to one side to show an inch under the ski but at speed you turn only a few degrees. At speed was where the stock ski's would lift the inside ski up so high in the air it was all you could do to prevent roll over. If the Simmons where indeed making the stance narrower in the corner then it works is all I can say.

Now as to my you know what. My wife does not measure it. She worships it! I apologize for my 7 inch claim not knowing that it was making you feel inadequate. I feel bad about that. We all make mistakes, ya I know even me!

But back to my wife as now she is on my mind as well as it seems yours. Whenever she does pull out a tape it not measure the you know what its to measure things that cost me a fortune such as drapes, furniture and just how much carpet, hardwood or tile we need. Then the worship part starts. God I love that little women!

Back