• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

As a new phazer owner....

The GodPhather

Veteran
i must say, after only put on a few miles of ditch riding i have to admit i've had more fun on that sled than on any other i've ever owned by far. Despite the lack of traction from that HORRIBLE factory track, it was soooooooooo much fun!!!!! I LOVE it!

Attachments

• ditch drop.jpg
    ditch drop.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 62

The stock track DOES SUCK!!! unless youre on dry pavement..lol. I have had a LOVE/HATE relationship with mine. I LOVE mine in the ditches..period but HATE it on the trails. I dont think Ive put it through its adjustments so Im not totally sure Im giving it a fair evaluation. Just be carefull in the ditch cause Ive had mine upside down now twice. Both times in familiar territory. That said I would STRONGLY consider moving and/or protecting the speedo. They're $419.00 and thats if it doesnt damage the connector....just food for thought.....oh and retorque the fasteners pretty much every ride.

Yeah take every movable part apart to grease them and loctite all the bolts. Even on my motocross bikes Yamaha doesn't know what grease or loctite looks like, never have as far as I know. They are real stingy on the grease and loctite.

Zack don't worry about the rust it's not there anymore.

idk my buddy has a freeride and yet when we race he's not taking off from me,

maybe in deeper snow he can but on groomed trail, i realize it's meant for pow, but not everyone rides off trail

i raced him a couple times with the same results, but it does roost ya with ice chunks real good lol

Please post yer location bro (site rule). Welcome to the Phazer world. It can be a VERY fun ride......... :4STroke:
Theres definaty a learning curve though.... good luck!

GodPhaather,
TRUST me. When you add traction, it will feel like you added 20+HP! In off trail conditions, the stock track does nothing but spin,spin,spin.

its the most fun you can have in the snow with your clothes on, the only thing that has come close in the fun factor was riding my buddys XP 600 mod, like comparing apples to oranges though

i will never get rid of my phazer, most likely it will be in the ground next to me when i go lol

The GodPhather said:
i'm thinking of going to a 1.75 inch track. i wish the season was 12 months long...
the 1.5 freeride is a great off and on trail track. if u just ride off trail the 1.75 will be great but your probly not gonna like it on any groomed trail. also not real good for lubrication of your slides on groomed trails

fraolib said:
The GodPhather said:
i'm thinking of going to a 1.75 inch track. i wish the season was 12 months long...
the 1.5 freeride is a great off and on trail track. if u just ride off trail the 1.75 will be great but your probly not gonna like it on any groomed trail. also not real good for lubrication of your slides on groomed trails

How much faster do you slides wear out with the Free Ride vs. the Stock?

Back