• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2003 (RX1)

Any ideas on how to work the pro action rear in order to suck it down,can u limit it w/straps like everyone elses skid,or is it diff. now i know the srx has less travel,is it easier to suck down?

therxwon - I do have a cool down, filled with ice and water. Went thru 6 bags of ice! I found someone to go with me and pull me back with an atv, so that should help. As far as sucking down the suspension, as mnmsnowbeast mentioned, we are still trying to use the rear skid, and get correct weight transfer. We are consentrating on putting shorter shocks from an older sled, then we thought about the srx shocks. How much shorter are they? :?

Sorry I didn't get logged on last night, I had to go and get my track 60 miles from my house, and put it in last night, I was busy.

Had the RX1 out in the driveway today, that softer track hooks like a bear! I got a new dayco MAX 1118 belt, didn't put it on yet, I will when I get to the track. I washed it with hot soapy water, and let it bake in the sun. That should take some of the glaze off. The old belt was at 1.358 when I went to the track this weekend, now it measures 1.311

Should have way better results this weekend! Talk to you all on Sunday! :D

P.S. I have a GP-1 exhaust coming from White Knuckle Performance. Arne from White Knuckle Performance, was so helpful with my order, Thanks Arne.

Hey Nos-Pro . Have sucked doun the rear end yet? I have mine all apart, the front limiter staps are easy unbolt the strap and drill a new hole about an inch and half in , then it puts the theaded adjuster in the middle.I have tightened the limiter staps all the way before without drilling them and compresed the #*$&@ end of the suspention about 3-4 inches and straped it. It seems when you pull the limiter stap up and compress the back it does not bottom out on the transfer rods. When I tried this combo ,I was just tring to lower it to race my buddies on the snow with a radar box. It did transfer weight really well to my surpise. I would like to get it all the way to the ground, could I drill the rail where the sissor point bolts by moving the location ahead about an inch? If the transfer rod interfers maybe move it back. The very front change shocks to somthing 14 or 15 inches long sx , srx? It has to go faster if it can roll better.

Hi 1xr, no, I didn't make any changes to the sled until I got the 60 ft. times to a reasonable time. But you have a good idea there, because the yami skid works different then others for weight transfer, that might work. After this sat., I will start making changes from stock. just trying to get the best time out of a box stock RX1. Thanks 1xr :D

Rx-1

Nos Hackers Yamaha in Mi, is dragging a Rx-1 on asphalt I don't know there set up but I do know they run a Team roller and he said belt life was great and the MPH they picked up just bolting it on was very good.this was from the driver.Keep us up to date on your findings.Mike

Sounds good Silver (Mike), I heard alot about that secondary, good stuff. I'll see if anyone knows where Hackers Yamaha is located, we could compare setups. :D

Check back often Silver, as we take this sled to the FASTER ZONE!

Thanks looking4speed :D

Glad to know the new track hooks better,the softer compound will hook better,but wear faster and cause alittle loss of top end,but hell its only 1/4 mile so it may not matter that much i hope,good luck this weekend nos-pro. pete

Thanks Pete, Track should be nice today, mid 60's, not 86 like last week. Modified cool down last night, and will test today. Talk to you tomorrow with results, :D Leaving for track now.

Rx-1

Nos the driver for Hackers is Dennis Mott he also works there as a sales man.He seems like a really good guy willing to help out.As long as he knows he won't be lining up against you. :D Hackers has always had very good drag sleds,been doing it for years.Mike

Thanks Mike, I will call him tomorrow.

Well, results are in for 5/3/03: (new MAX belt, and 40 durometer track)
Track temp: 118, temp outside: 65-72, humidity: 27%, alt.: 667 :D
Man, this track hooks! 60 ft times are down to 1.60, and mph is back up to 109mph. It lifts the skis 4 inches, and holds them up for 80 ft. plus. 1/8 mile times are best of 7.499 @ 92 mph., and 1/4 mile just shy of 11's, with a best of 12.002 @ 109.124 . (Remember, clutching, gearing, and all mechanical parts are all stock yet.) Cool down worked good, but went thru a lot of ice. A local racer supplied me with 2 large blocks of ice, Thanks Chris. Well, as far as finishing results, track temp cooled to a cold 70 degrees, and I went out first round with a redlight -.030, and also went towards centerline, so I lifted to a 12.64 . This week will be lowering the sled, and putting GP1 exhaust, and jetting tips on from White Knuckle Performance, Thanks Arne.
People at the track are always asking about when the bottle will be put on, I tell them,"When they least expect it." All racers and watchers at the track are amazed that the sleds only changes from trail use are, track and skis. They can't believe a stock sled pulls that kind of mph. Trying to post pics, but will have to put them in a hotmail section, or if anyone wants a pic of any mods being done, they can send me a pm, and I will send some pics. Talk to you later.
Terry

NOS PRO this is what my SRX ran .It had reeds,bender fresh air kit and Hauck clutch kit#4 60ft...1.551 330...4.383 1/8...6.877 mph...97.0 1000...9.115 1/4...11.074 mph...113.60. On the SRX the front strap I moved the hole back 2" It was as tight as It could go. At the back I used a 3.5" turnbuckle with 2 hooks on it,I wraped a small chain around the bottom siccor axle hooked one side of the turnbuckle to that, and at the top of the siccor there was a small hole just be hind the shock I put the other hook there, then I tighten it up untill my hand would not fit in there no more,I would end up with 2 to 3" of travel .I also had the transfer rods removed.I hope this helps you.

ashpalt results

nospro: I hope you get a chance to play with different gearing as I plan to gear down my 04 rx-1 to 23/39 or 23/40 and I usually race about a quarter of a mile.

Back