• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2004

Assuming he has stock warrior gearing of 23-38 (1.65) and is hitting
rev limiter, why would he want to gear down to 22-40 (1.81) A better
choice would be something like 24-37 (1.54) or less.

It's not hitting the rev limiter because the gearing is low it's to high. With all the traction he has once he's able the put it to the ground it's going to be hard to pull a high gear. The lower ratio will halp 60 foot times and he'll be able to pull MPH on the big end with rpm's I'd run theat sled right to the 11000 mark.

I happen to have a 136 turbo RX-1 and when I went to 136 speed track I had the same problem. To much traction for the high ratio. I was smoking the belt in the Primary because I had so much traction. The high ratios are hard on the drive line. think about riding a 10 speed. when you peddle the bigger gears it's hard to get the bike moving from a start this is the same concept.

do you know Mike Knapp ran a redictulously low ratio on his Vmaxx4. But he pull mph out of the Engine RPM!!!!

Guys, Been doing some calcs and verifying it with a couple of people and here is what we are going to do....

JT, I agree with you... the reverse is gone... The only reason I had it and because of all the new stuff on it I ran with it. Time, and other issues limited me getting a stock chain case installed... But, I should be getting one soon…

Gearing: When I ran my stock (SRX) sled in the grass I ran 18/40 or 19/40 depending on the situation from 23/38. It was only 500ft and I had 240 chisels. It made a lot of sense to go that low based on the distance/power of the sled.

With the power of the sled and based on testing from last year and also what I just found out last night I'm going with 25/38 or 25/37. With the power of the turbo and the mph I can run it's the next move. Finding that sweet spot in gearing I believe is just as important as clutching this monster.

I understand your issues with the clutches/smoking the belt, and for the most part I do agree with you. However, last night I made some adjustments to that and feel very comfortable with changing the gearing. I know that you may argue this with me, but if it becomes an issue I will deal with it then...

I'll keep you guys up-to-date with these changes as they happen... and again it could be good, bad, and/or ugly, but that is half the fun...

Thanks,
--Buster696--

I found out that 22/38 was even too much. Quick out of the hole, but lost a lot on top end. Clutching was done, and was revving the engine to 10,500. But with these new cut clutches from Sled, I might need to drop a little. Will be going to the track for testing friday, weather permitting.

If my math is correct 25-37 should be good for about 134 and 25-38
should put you right around 130 assuming a 2% overdrive. Can't
wait to see your results. Good luck, Should see some 9 sec passes
next time out.

NOS-PRO: I ran 22/40 at 6 pounds down that road by the bear trap and hit 138 in about 1800 on the speedo and I got out of and she was still pulling hard. He has the HP to make it pull on low ratio if he gets his clutch to hit 1 to 1 ratio.

138 is about 120 real speed jason. Id go to a 1.58 or 1.52 ratio for 1/4 mile. You also will not blow your track out as easy with the taller gearing. We were down this road last year with terrys stocker...BBY

BlueByYou2000: Matt I pointed out that 138 mph in 1800 feet was at 6 pounds of boost. I hit 140 on the speedo on anchor bay in about 1000 feet running 15 pounds with the same 22/40 gearing that was with little to no spin plus she was still pulling like a freight train.

You can't compair terrys stock 140 hp numbers to a 220 plus hp sled.

Back