• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2004

tar

yep I will be running it will probaly won't be until may 7th weekend.I have a improve stock 600 I raced on grass that I'm swithing it over to asphalt and I'm making it into a 700.I'm going to order my pistons this week but I'm debating between wiesco prolites or yamaha pistons.People told me if you run prolites run stock wrist pins though.Once I get it tuned in I will throw the bottle on it.The sled should weigh about 480-490lbs for now.Ryan

SRXMAGIC - I put the belt I used last year, aside with my asphalt skis, and ran a 1/2 worn belt for the winter season. But good point though. I did remember, that I took a .030 washer out of the back of the secondary, because my belt was squeling on trail rides.

Boy, do I have news for everybody! I started by taking the fuel pumps off, and apart. (If you have never done it, DON'T!!!) There is way to much involved with them. They have a plastic thin sheet, like stretched plastic wrap. This is what pumps from the vaccum, man, what a #$%&* !!!

Got them back together, and still ran like crap. Then I took the vaccum tube off the pump, and the far cylinder near the brake, and blew air thru it. Rubber chunks came out, not huge, but big enough. Next, I looked at all the fuel lines, and saw that the fuel line going to the 2 cylinders on the clutch side, (the ones that ran the leanest), had the main fuel line rtwisted a little, not much, but enough. Then, I came to checking the top clear lines going down towards the bottom of the sled, and I can't believe I didn't see it, but ............Here it goes..............................................

There was a spider nest in the end of the tube!!!!! White in color, so it wasn't real obvious, and when I worked on the carbs, I just raised them enough to get the bowls off to change jetting. Geezzz, who would have thought. I will be syncronizing the carbs again Friday, but it sounds a lot better.

Also, a little tidbit - While checking compression, black john told me to check my coils for the spark plugs. I took air to them, and is there the black soot that flies out of the spark plug end. Might want to check your items I mentioned.

Looking forward to this weekend a little happier! ;)!

4/25/04 - Well, Mother Nature played her toll on today's race, rain all morning with t-boomers expected this afternoon. It's a bone chilling 42 degrees. oh well................. :(

Test-n-Tune was a wash out at NYIRP on Friday as well... :( :o|
This Friday we will try it again (Test-n-Tune)

--Buster696--

Hey everyone - 5/1/04, temp was 55 degrees, with 44% humidity. Changed later on to 38 degrees with 84% humidity. Track temp was 78 degrees at the warmest.

Sled ran great, but no 10's. All it takes, is a stupid bug to mess things up. Just like on the computer, right Sled?

1st time run- 1.513 60ft. - 6.956 1/8 mile @ 94.994mph - 11.250 1/4 mile @ 111.302mph. (HH's w/ 7/16 in tip and middle, with every washer included in kit. Green secondary spring set at 60%, 47 straight helix).

2nd time run- 1.509 60ft. - 6.956 1/8 mile @ 95.758mph - 11.244 1/4 mile @ 110.745mph. (same setup)

1st round - Dialed 11.20 (temp went way down from time runs. Won the round cause other guy broke out, (went faster than his posted time))
1.496 60ft. - 6.934 1/8 mile @ 95.670mph - 11.240 1/4 mile @ 109.815mph.

2nd round - Dialed 11.23 (both of us broke out, but I broke out the least.)
1.497 60ft. - 6.908 1/8 mile @ 96.234mph - 11.183 1/4 mile @ 110.650mph.

3rd round - Dialed 11.18 (Posted this dial, so I wouldn't break out. Should have dialed 11.24. Lost this round, cause I couldn't run close enough to my posted time.)
1.503 60ft. - 6.950 1/8 mile @ 95.648mph - 11.249 1/4 mile @ 110.277mph.

Well, not a bad day. Seems to be running good, and runs smooth again, since I synced the carbs in again. At least I made money this weekend. :D
Talk to you all later.

Attachments

• map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 97
Terry, did you get the clutches yet....check your PMs. Are you running the filters??? Is that your only real add compared to last years numbers??

Sled - I will be getting the clutches this week. I am running the same setup, I ran when I did the 10.99 run at the Grove Last fall. Quicker 60ft. times, but slower et's.

Terry, keep me posted on the results of the new clutches......You might want to run the 40 bottom gear with those.....but might be worth a try stock 1st..... ;)!

Back