• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

At a loss with Ice Scratcher. Anybody have ideas?

sclwald

Veteran
Well I have an 06 Vector Mtn SE with the 162" track and 16" wide. I went to the local shop and bought a set of scratchers. Can't for the life of me figure out where to install them. Any idea of where you have had luck with them. Always something in the way wether it be the track rubbing on them in the down position or the bogey wheels getting in the way in the up position.

I almost think I have the wrong scratchers! What brand you guys running and where are you locating them. Pictures would be very helpful. One of the most easy things to install with a bolt and nut and I feel useless.

I bought the cable scratchers that have one bolt. You don't have to put them up when you back up. when the tip wears down you just cut a muffler clamp in half for a new one.

I put the rail mounted ones on my skis using a longer bolt.

Attachments

• t95skis95179.jpg
    t95skis95179.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 348
That right there is a great idea. That is about as far forward and in front of the problem hifax spot. Obviously need a different bolt and what do you do in the up position?

sclwald said:
That right there is a great idea. That is about as far forward and in front of the problem hifax spot. Obviously need a different bolt and what do you do in the up position?

I just put them on the back of the ski.

Attachments

• 2011-11-19 10.56.34-1.jpg
    2011-11-19 10.56.34-1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 144
RSI scratchers will work if you turn the idler wheels to the inside and the install the scratchers on the same bolt but opposite sides of the rail.

Thanks for the help guys. I returned them since I could not find a solution and got the cable type. I am sure I will regret it but will be putting them on tomorrow.

Got the cabe ones that go on the sway bar with the cabide tip, they work flawless on full season with 0 problems.

cheers.................

- I'm going to put them on my skis rather than the skid. (I'll post some pics when complete.)

- I had the Yamaha ones on my other Apex and these ones look alot better, and were cheaper too!

- I like the idea of being able to back up and not break them.

Looked at installing these today and am going to need to think about it a little more. The 06 rails are a horrible design, even for "Universal" scratchers. As you all know they need to be as far forward as possible.

If they are put on the ski's (which is the best possible location to be in front of the problem hifax spot) How would you stow them? Being cables I think they could just be in the down position 100% of the time. Only problem would be loading and unloading I would think.

I looked at mine and the stock skis on mine are not as square as yours. Don't know if they would mount up correctly. I think I am going to drill a hole as far forward on the rail as I can and try them there. Really would like them on the skis though. Tossing ideas around before drilling. Thank you for another idea to work with.

Back