• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attack Pricing

The guy who does a lot of homework does $100 better.

Everybody else gets SCREWED. :ORC

Sounds like a place to stay away from to me.

Riceburner said:

Maybe you can clarify your post for me. ;)!

bgbytoys said:
carbman1 said:
The sleds at Troy City, I believe, are from the same auction. Essentially the same deal (let's not split hairs over 50 bucks). Troy City is a good dealer. Filer bought most of the sleds at the auction, and therefore has (had) more available. I'm not getting into a tit for tat, my dealer is better than yours debate.

Dealer warranties are wasted money IMO. Drive down the road and throw twenties out the window. My family has bought 10 new yami's and never once had a warranty issue.

Happy shopping!!!
on the same attak gt it is $275 up front difference. you have to factor in the different dealer charges for freight and prep. plus you can go back to filers and get your $100 price gurantee bounyus. the warranty is a yes contract from yamaha, filers wants $1000 and troy city is $275. i think that is a bit more than $50- if you bought the yes plan it is a $1000 difference.
Filers met the same set up freight and warranty cost as troycity b/c he stuck to his price gurantee. Like I said he had the black gt I wanted. Go talk the the guy, they want to sell sleds just as bad as anyone.

Happy shopping!!![/quote] on the same attak gt it is $275 up front difference. you have to factor in the different dealer charges for freight and prep. plus you can go back to filers and get your $100 price gurantee bounyus. the warranty is a yes contract from yamaha, filers wants $1000 and troy city is $275. i think that is a bit more than $50- if you bought the yes plan it is a $1000 difference.[/quote]
Filers met the same set up freight and warranty cost as troycity b/c he stuck to his price gurantee. Like I said he had the black gt I wanted. Go talk the the guy, they want to sell sleds just as bad as anyone.[/quote]

the point is if you didn't know troy citys pricing you would pay $1000 more for the same sled. just more bogus advertising and hope they don't get caught on there price gurantee.

bgbytoys said:
Happy shopping!!!
on the same attak gt it is $275 up front difference. you have to factor in the different dealer charges for freight and prep. plus you can go back to filers and get your $100 price gurantee bounyus. the warranty is a yes contract from yamaha, filers wants $1000 and troy city is $275. i think that is a bit more than $50- if you bought the yes plan it is a $1000 difference.[/quote]
Filers met the same set up freight and warranty cost as troycity b/c he stuck to his price gurantee. Like I said he had the black gt I wanted. Go talk the the guy, they want to sell sleds just as bad as anyone.[/quote]

the point is if you didn't know troy citys pricing you would pay $1000 more for the same sled. just more bogus advertising and hope they don't get caught on there price gurantee.[/quote]

I can see your point to a certain extent, also b/c you are a the competition. But I spoke to Yamaha and the rep told me Yamaha does not dictate to their dealers what to sell the sleds for. (Please bgbystoys correct me if Im wrong here) Nor the price of the warranty in that instance of auction sleds. So on that note if you go into a sale blind as a consumer and dont shop around than shame on you. $9000.00 OTD is a pretty big purchase in my book so you should do your homework.

]

I can see your point to a certain extent, also b/c you are a the competition. But I spoke to Yamaha and the rep told me Yamaha does not dictate to their dealers what to sell the sleds for. (Please bgbystoys correct me if Im wrong here) Nor the price of the warranty in that instance of auction sleds. So on that note if you go into a sale blind as a consumer and dont shop around than shame on you. $9000.00 OTD is a pretty big purchase in my book so you should do your homework.[/quote]

the internet is a wonderful thing for price comparisions. what i don't like is someone advertising saying prices can't be beat knowing they are high. then once you let them know they are high they will take $1000 off without even blinking. so are they being honest and upfront or are they being a greasy car salesman?
no manufaturer can tell a independent dealer what to sell for, against federal law. the prices are only guide lines.

mjr7749 said:
Riceburner said:

Maybe you can clarify your post for me. ;)!

Greasy car salesman as mentioned above sounds similar to what my opinion of an outfit like this.

That being said, it works well for the consumate shopper like yourself because you get a 100 buck saving over the best price you could find elsewhere.

My son shops like that and it really saves him major money.

Just not my way of doing business. Guess I am old school.

The important thing is you got the sled you wanted for a good price and you are a happy camper.

Congrats.

:Rockon: ;)!

Rice

Back