• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Cover or Extended Warranty?

ISSUES

I'm picking up an Attak, and the dealer is offering to throw in a deluxe cover or extend the warranty to 2 years instead of 1. Is there anything breaking that I should be prepared for? The warranty would cost more than the cover, but I normally wouldn't buy an extended warranty.

What would you do?

No enclosed trailer here. I figured I'd be buying a cover either way. I tow the Viper on a triton two place with the fold down salt shield ramps. I guess my question was more along the lines of if I "needed" an extended warranty for the Attak. It would cost more to buy than the cover, but if stuff doesn't break why bother?

If you don't have continuing problems when its under its first year of warranty, its unlikely you will have many problems. However, its new and you don't know. Really the only thing that is problematic is the idler wheels and the hand warmers. Those will be under a service bulliten by Yamaha sooner or later. Do what makes you feel better, Yamaha builds a great product.

What makes you think an older cover won't fit it from an RX/Attak, or RS or even Viper? Have you tried? Hell it is to protect it on a trailer not for a parade.

Jim

jimmie d said:
What makes you think an older cover won't fit it from an RX/Attak, or RS or even Viper? Have you tried? Hell it is to protect it on a trailer not for a parade.

Jim

:drink:

Back