• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Headlight Problems

trgcobra

Extreme
I may be missing something, but on my '03 RX1, both headlights are on when it is on High and low beam. On my Attak, when on low beam, only the right hand light is on. When on High Beam, the left headlight is on, but dim and the right one is on bright. This isn't the way they are supposed to be, right?

Anyone know how to fix this? All of the wiring, etc. seems to be connected properly.

Any ideas??

sounds like a bad bulb or a connector is not pushed all the way in.
Get a new bulb or swap bulbs. They always say to not touch a halogen bulb with your fingers. I believe this is because the oil from your skin can cause a hot spot and burn out the bulb.

Call your dealer and let him handle the problem unless you don't trust him. Sounds like it could be more complicated than what can be answered here.

My 05 did the same thing last year after I added the extra guage pod. The prongs on one of the bulbs wasn't making good contact in the socket.

The left headlight on my Attak was dim at first too it turned out to be the connection to the bulb. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in works perfect now.

I plugged the connections in, then re-plugged them a few times. Still no good. I then checked continuity between the connectors and that was all good. Then I tried swapping the left for the right, just for the hell of it. It fixed the problem. It had to be a connection issue. It did it with both the old and the new bulbs. Very strange!!

I'm happy it is fixed!!

:D 8) ;)!

Are the wires that go into the bulb socket a stake type connection? If so you may continue to experience the problem. Glad to hear that problems is solved but watch it close cause it could recur.

Had a similar problem. Be sure the connectors on the back of the lights are plugged in. They can be easily rotated 90 degrees and plugged in and you only get one filiment.

A stake connector would be the type that has metal points that poke into the wire shield and make contact with the wire.

Back