• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Mirrors

turboseamus

I was at my dealer Friday and there was an Apex in the showroom that had mirrors on it. I was not impressed at all, very flimsy and in the wrong place. I did a search here and found what some of you guys are doing, but I did not see anyone talk about Venture style mirrors. Has anyone tried to mount them? Is it even close? They look much more desireable style and function wise.

Here are some pics of my mirrors on my RTX and the wife's attak

Skidoo Mirrors and homemade brackets made by my buddies grandfather, I think he is going to start selling them for $30 or $35 a set.

normal_Quebec_3-19-06_005.jpg

normal_Quebec_3-19-06_006.jpg
[/img]

dblacks said:
Here are some pics of my mirrors on my RTX and the wife's attak

Skidoo Mirrors and homemade brackets made by my buddies grandfather, I think he is going to start selling them for $30 or $35 a set.

normal_Quebec_3-19-06_005.jpg

normal_Quebec_3-19-06_006.jpg
[/img]
What kind of mirrors are those and how did you mount them??

ski doo mirrors and brackets amde by my friends grandfater that he is going to sell for $30 or $35 a set for the brackets the mirrors are $50 from a doo dealer

I took the mirrors off my last sled as I was always having to readjust them and now have the wrist mounted one. Works very well and keeps the sled looking clean.

How is the vibration with the doo mirriors? Can you see any more than a headlight? They look fairly tall, do they adjust to see well?

Mirrors

The ski doo mirrors do not vibrate and the are almost as good as the 05 venture mirrors form Yamaha, just put on thet left side last week in Gogebic and have lead 600 miles since, they are great but ugly! Nothing compares to the 05 venture mirrors but this is the next best thing, I've been able to keep track of my 13 year old son the last 2 days and 250 miles, go for it and use their brackets then bend the straight arm to get it around your shoulder and not look so damen ugy.

Dog
Ps: One last day in the UP today then home for the year!

turboseamus said:
How is the vibration with the doo mirriors? Can you see any more than a headlight? They look fairly tall, do they adjust to see well?

Very adjustable, The best mirrors I have ever ridden with, some vibration but mostly because the brackets needed to be tightened. They also look tall on my sled because I have a 1.5 inch IsoVibe Riser. I should have taken pictures of them on the wife's sled. The may look funny but they work great and they can come off very easy if I want to ride with my hand mirror.

That is one thing I will miss from my vector is the venture mirrors.
you can see without turning your head they fold down for cover and they look like motorcycle style mirrors.
The mirrors for the fazer are the same style as godfathers.
they have a clamp that goes around the bar and the mirror screws into the mount.
they are a little shorter in overall height I bet they will look pretty good on apex. I will get a set next season.

My custom mirror didn't work as well as I hoped so I mounted the PowerMadd handguard mirrors to my medium windshield using rubber wedges to improve the angle. Will get to try them out this weekend.

MAN.........THOSE ARE BUTT UGLY MIRRORS :moon: they are too high and seem to be dangling all over the place...........NO TK's

Power Madd hand guards work very nice, and their mirrors work great.........you just have to modify where you mount them.

I just mounted a pair for Mr. Magoo on his GT and they really work nice, I'll be putting a set on mine next.

BTW........We both have BACK/CHROME hand guards, if you look in the 1st pic you can see his covers are snaped in at the front, I mounted mine in the back to have MORE CHROME showing in the front. Up here I not to worried about venting those on warrm days............THERE ARE NONE :D.........

....Also I didn't care for the hardware they give you......I'll be changing those over to Stainless Steel with a flat washer, lock washer & nut.

Attachments

• 06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 001.jpg
    06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 001.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 005.jpg
    06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 005.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 004.jpg
    06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 004.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 003.jpg
    06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 003.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 002.jpg
    06 Apex GT Mirrors by Power Madd 002.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 176
Do the Powermadd hand guards with mirrors work with the tall windshield. It looks like they may hit in tight turns.

Back