• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ATTAK Owners!! I need your help!

Howdy Yellowknife! I've got just over 700 miles on my Attak. I'm liking it more and more each time I ride it. I had my doubts early on but would not switch back to a Renegade at this point. However it is impaired when it comes to getting the rear end up on top of the deeper snow, as said before "it loves to trench". If I can somehow get that worked out, even I could be satisfied with the Attak. The best part is this, I have not yet had to take it back to the dealer for an engine issue. I know where you live that is a biig issue! Later :Rockon:

Demo ride, how'd he get a freakin demo ride :drink:
I believe if more dealers were able to do that there would be way more Yamaha's on the snow. If you have snow that is :o|

TT670 said:
You guys keep mentioning the trenching in deep snow, Im pretty pleased at how my Apex climbs on top.. better than my rev for sure.
Comparing my Attak with my previous 600SDI X Gade, I rode with three 600 04's and 05's Renegades 16" fresh snow almost no base, the Renegades just blow right on by , with no hopes of catching them or keeping up for that matter. I'm not getting stuck. but not able to propell the sled on top of, or near the surface.

Yellowknife,

If you are the same guy I have read posts from on the dootalk forum
(just recommended your post on Doo helmet to someone here last week)
you must of had to tweak that Rev to get everything you wanted from it. Maybe give this site some of those hints and they will respond. This is a great site for info!! Welcome ;)!

Thanks for all of the replies.

I see a few trusted dootalkers on here, I appreciate the comments.

CT4Stroke, I liked your post, good detail...

I have SLP Powder Pro's on my Gade. If I purchased an Attak, they'd be going on it.

I'll be sure to have the dealer set the suspension up to my weight. I'm only 130 pounds, so really the sled won't know I'm on it.

In thinking about the Attak, I think it could benefit well from a 144" by 15 or 16" track with 1.5" lugs on it. I think that would help in floatation and balance out the weight of the engine a bit more.

The towing issue...the dealer here has adapted a few hitches to fit on the Attak, but he doesn't think it would be strong enough for a full boggan of firewood. I tow anything with my Rev, and she goes...but you are right, it does contribute to my motor blow-ups cause I'm working the engine hard...not often mind you, but it would be nice to be able to do it if needed with an Attak without tearing the hitch off the tunnel.

I gather Yammi's tunnel's aren't strong enough because they are trying to save the weight.

The Yammi dealer is going to the 2007 show in Ottawa, Ontario on February 12th. I'm hoping Yammi will have re-routed the rear exhaust, and beefed up the tunnel for an optional rack and hitch but my wishes won't likely come true. All my Yammi dealer is expecting for changes are more entry level 4 strokes in the 2007 line-up.

The test ride will be interesting. I haven't picked a date yet but I will post back with my review, in comparison to a Rev, and be totally honest.

Thanks for all the responses.
YK

Back