• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak RPM

headache

I got my first Yamaha since 88, and I am imprest the way it performs. I only got two rides on it so far (40 MILES) My concern is that in powder conitions it only hits 9000 rpm. Down the lake on hard pack snow it starts at 9500 and walks up to 9700 rpm. I know this engine shifts at 10700 rpm. Is this normal during the break in time?

I have 2k miles on my Attak. Hardpack rpm,s are up to 10,500 rpm with stock clutching which I do occaisonely use. In 3-4' powder last weekend rpm,s would drop to allmost under 9k rpm.Anything around 2' deep I could get 10k rpm,s. Stock clutching does not cut it in deep snow!

It'll take about 1200 miles to 1500 miles to break in and get higher... your aiming the top top RPM at 10 700...in best conditions... maybe 10 800 on rare occasions...

RASH :yam:

At about 100 miles I was seeing 11k on my Attak ;)!
No my belt wasn't slipping, ask the other two Attaks I rode with in muni last ty ride in January :flag:

MightyRTX said:
At about 100 miles I was seeing 11k on my Attak ;)!
No my belt wasn't slipping, ask the other two Attaks I rode with in muni last ty ride in January :flag:

OOOO quit braggin.. LOL

I think you got one of the HOT.. setup dealer sleds..

Back