• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak vs 850 Renegade

I friend of mine sleds with a guy that has a 2013 etec every 2500 kilos he has had to put a nrew engine in so it cost him a dollor a kilo to drive I'll take my apex any day doo guys only argument is they are lighter but I don't push mine I drive it

gps.png

My trusty old Attak speed on hard pack snow just today.
0 degrees C [32F]...light winds approx. 1/2 mile run this was on snow NOT ice
Just installed a new Ice Attak 1 1/4 track before this run

View attachment 143882

My trusty old Attak speed on hard pack snow just today.
0 degrees C [32F]...light winds approx. 1/2 mile run this was on snow NOT ice
Just installed a new Ice Attak 1 1/4 track before this run

Did you happen to look at the speedo? If so what was that showing in comparison to your GPS?

I have 2 teeth removed from my speedo sensor gear as it was so inaccurate stock. With the 2 teeth removed my speedo was reading 110mph and GPS 113 mph

I never did that but I did test it against gps. 119-120 was about 112-113. Down below 90 is was more accurate.

Was riding all day with buddy on 850 Gade who upgraded from 2013 800 Gade.
I was always able to beat his 2013 ETEC 800 with my 2007 Attak so he was eager to destroy my Attak with his new 850.
We lined up on groomed trail on the lake and ran 2000+ feet from a dead stop...twice.
Unfortunately for my friend my Attak also beat his 850...I pulled 2 lengths out of the hole and held it the entire distance...I couldn't pull away from him and he couldn't catch me.
Is the clutching on the attack stock?

I never did that but I did test it against gps. 119-120 was about 112-113. Down below 90 is was more accurate.
My apex gt runs 122mph on Speedo and 116mph on the GPS with the cobra 1.352 track

My apex gt runs 122mph on Speedo and 116mph on the GPS with the cobra 1.352 track

Yeh they get a little whacko after the 100 mph mark. Must be that speedo pod, my 2002 700 Viper had same instrument pod and it was the same deal.

Apparently these Sidewinders which I just bought have a very accurate speedo.

My Attack clutching is not stock. It has STM weights ect.
When I first got my Attack 117mph on speedo was 103 mph on the GPS. It was over indicating by 13%. With two teeth off the speedo gear, the speedo now slightly under indicates by 2-3%

When I first got my Attack 117mph on speedo was 103 mph on the GPS. It was over indicating by 13%. With two teeth off the speedo gear, the speedo now slightly under indicates by 2-3%
Bob, can you take 2 teeth off side by side, or does it matter?

Did removing 2 teeth affect your odometer that was the rumor back in the day

Did removing 2 teeth affect your odometer that was the rumor back in the day

The Odometer was not as accurate with the speedo gear removed as it was stock.
Stock the Attak odometer was dead accurate but the gage speedometer was way too optimistic!

Can't remember off hand and I store it at a friends shop a half hour away. I'll look next time I am there.
I change my Transfer rod for racing before .. Just change it till you like where it is.. The best setting for drag racing is not practical for trail riding..
I may have made some marks with a sharpie .. Have to use the Yamaha adjustment card to know which way to go

Back