• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak vs RTX/GT

challenger

I am thinking about buying a new 06 Attak or RTX. Could anyone tell me how the two compare? I've had a chance to take a short ride on an Attak but have not ridden a RTX or GT. Does the Attak ride better with the long track? Does the Attak give up some straight line performance? Any help is greatly appreciated. Hate to spend that much money without some valuable imput from current owners. Thanks!!

Everyone has their opinion on ride quality. I wanted to get an Attack, but after riding the sled this spring it just didn't feel right. I'd like to try one on a longer ride. These new sleds have greatly improved. Any of your choices will be good.

must ride first

to each his own, for me the attack offers a much smother ride, tracks a little straighter,,,, want to race through the woods, well, apex may be the choice.... take the time to ride each..

I have an Attak, havent dragged any other Yamaha 4 strokes but I would imagine the Attak would have quicker straight line performance do to lower gearing and longer ripsaw track for traction....
The ride is good and it is very stable at high speeds..
I have no desire to ever go to a short track again...
The give and take between the 121" vs 136 is minimal giving the most versatility to the Attak....drf

I have yet to talk to anyone that has gone 136 and wants to go back to 121, what's that tell ya 8)

I have rode both and the Attak works well in the rough stuff. Seems smoother and less bumpy over the chop. However, hit some tighter trails and you will see a difference between the short track and long track. I ride in WI and basically trail ride and the short track was just a better fit for me. it has a greater "flickability" to it much like i was used to on lighter sleds. The attak felt heavier and couldn't twist it around as fast on the trails.

in a straight line race, my RTX beat the attak by just a little bit. Snow conditions were perfect for hook up and both sleds lauched real good. The attak should be faster off the line with it's greater traction but the RTX had less drag.

I've posted this before under similar threads but: I've got an Attak, my buddy's got an RTX. The Attak tracks straighter, launches better & rides more comfortably on the washboard chop. The RTX handles better in the twisties. Both are awsome, it comes down to your preference: Slightly more comfortable ride (Attak) or slightly better handling (RTX). Both are awsome & you really can't go wrong w/either sled, they'll blow your mind. Best-o-luck!

My riding buddies have a very hard time staying with me in the woods. I ride with f 7's xc's and revs. The revs are the closest in the woods. I love the 136 and would never but a 121 again. Does not give up much on top end.

Ive got the RTX and a buddy has an Attak, I agree the Attak rides smoother in the chop but both of us agree the Attak feels heavier and slower in the trails, not sure if its the ride sensation from the fox floats or the just the chassis difference. My buddy with the Attak said Comparing the 2 was like comparing a sports car to an SUV. I think thats kind of a stretch but I sure think the RTX is alot more fun to ride.

If there was snow somewhere in the lower 48 I would say to you find the nearest place where Yamaha is having Demo rides in NY and try both. Check the Yamaha website. You can go back as much as you want. This should give you a good taste of both. I got a new Attak and really happy with it. What little time I have had to ride it. This is my second long track sled. Yes, it will not steer as quick as the Apex, but ride through the rough is better. Yamaha has done their homework. :yam: :4STroke:

i have the rtx,my brother has the attack,this is my take on both....in the little chop the attack doesnt fall in the bumps becuz of the longer track( rides better in the short chop),in the nasty chop wanna be a sno crosser, the rtx all the way...both are awsome sleds,depends on how u ride

MightyWarrior said:
I have yet to talk to anyone that has gone 136 and wants to go back to 121, what's that tell ya 8)

EXCEPT ME!!! LOL

Its not that i dont like the ride of a 136.. its that i dont like the added weight and push in the corners... (i want to ride the nastys like a snoXer)

welterracer said:
MightyWarrior said:

EXCEPT ME!!! LOL

Its not that i dont like the ride of a 136.. its that i dont like the added weight and push in the corners... (i want to ride the nastys like a snoXer)

Ditto except the snoXer part, I just like the 121 better in the woods.

Back