• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ATV shocks on phazer?

Granahan378

Veteran
Ok everyone there was a post on here at one time regarding a guy who switched a set of shocks from an atv i think to his phazer. Does any one know/remember what the shocks came off of or where the post is at-searched over 50 pages and didnt see.

YFZ 450

I believe he had to do a little grinding on them to get them to fit....

I believe they are fairly similar to the GYT-R clickers with a shorter eye to eye (by 1") and a progressive rate spring versus the straight rate.

YFZ shocks are only shorter by 1/4 inch, so travel is almost identical. 06 up Raptor 700 shocks would work also - maybe better

i have '04 yfz450 shocks on mine. the only down side is the spring adjuster has to be tightened quite a bit to get the ride height correct. which basically compresses the softer portion of the spring (since it is progressive) but the advantage is i now can adjust the rebound and compression to my liking. i would say this was a good fix since i had the shocks and the stock standard phazer shocks left alot to be desired...
i would look at other options if i was just going to buy a set... maybe try to measure a base fx nytro clicker shock and see if it would fit
best of luck
:die

Back