• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aux lighting

Hey, thank you very much for sharing that link. Ive been looking for quite a while for some small LEDs also to mount to the reflector bracket. All I ever see are cheap round halos.

X2 especially for Apex. Rock tested them in all extremes a lot. I saw it more than once. Just pay the $ and do it right.
Love them in my Apex, also the PowerMadd LEDs are another improvement.

Wish I would've got those powermadds instead of plain janes

View attachment 142941

View attachment 142942
This is HIDS and small LED "driving lights" mounted to the reflector brackets. The small lights are 700 lumens each and provide as much light as the HIDs. They light up every little bump or hole in the trail. When I turn off the driving lights it's like driving in the dark-- with the HIDs on! Huge difference.
Which lights did you use?
Looks good

Looks like you have an Apex . I added a Rigid Spot Beam (yellow) in color to cut thru when snowing real hard , white just bounces back at you ! Mounted directly in middle of both headlights on air box and seal out anything that wants to come in. Have switch to turn on when needed so I’m not blinding oncoming traffic . It’s great to see deep when going 100 on a lake , or trails .Lifetime warranty with this brand , not cheap $$$ at all well worth it !

Using the Rigid led lights as well. Mounted them up beside the shock. Have them slightly splayed out to help in the corners. I have mine on a three position switch. Can use them when the sled is turned off and also come on with the high beams.
IMG_5431.JPG

Using the Rigid led lights as well. Mounted them up beside the shock. Have them slightly splayed out to help in the corners. I have mine on a three position switch. Can use them when the sled is turned off and also come on with the high beams.
View attachment 158092
Good deal ,! Little different then the single one i have in center , mine has 3 leds and is rectangular in shape . Rigid has the best leds out imo . With the yellow is like the sun when i light it up , cuts thru snow much better then when I had the white when it snows

Good deal ,! Little different then the single one i have in center , mine has 3 leds and is rectangular in shape . Rigid has the best leds out imo . With the yellow is like the sun when i light it up , cuts thru snow much better then when I had the white when it snows

This a good point that very few people realize or want to hear.
LED's may be brighter, but not always better especially when foggy or snowing.
Last week i went duck hunting on the Connecticut River with EXTREME fog.
We had huge LED lights, but could not see.
Luckily we had a big old school Maglite with 4 D batteries.
Cut through the fog to get us there.

I wish i could put HID's on my Winder, but it's not possible or practical.
I'll look into Ridgid Yellow

P.S: The fog never lifted so the ducks couldn't see us
P.S2: Unfortunately we couldn't see them either
P.S3: The moral of the story is we would have NEVER gotten to "listen" to ducks with just the LED's

This a good point that very few people realize or want to hear.
...LED's may be brighter, but not always better especially when foggy or snowing...
...I wish i could put HID's on my Winder, but it's not possible or practical...

I also long for HIDs from rockz on the winder... Miss them from the Apex and the Viper.......... Those two sleds always led (not to be confused with l.e.d.) the pack so everyone could see....

HIDs.jpg
Love the Rocks HIDs and the handguard LEDs.

Got bored with no snow.
Wired on its own rocker switch.
1170 lumens each. Have not been on the trails yet.

View attachment 158093
I have 2 Rigid pod Spot version lights mounted just like you did on my Apex. I found I needed a little more flood so I put a strip of diffuser tape across the bottom 2 led's on both pods. Now it has a nice spot/flood mix. I am still thinking about moving the led pods up to the same height as the headlights. I get alot of shadows when going up a rise in the trail. If you are using the pods in combination with the headlights the shadow will not be as bad because the higher mounted factory headlight illuminates over rises in the trail better. I wired my pod lights to a switch for snow plow lights. When I select high beam I can flip the switch over to just the pods or back to factory high beams. I did this because the pods draw 4.5 amps just like the two 9003/H4 bulbs do. I didn't want to draw too much current away from the machine powering both 9003 and two pod lights. My hands freeze and I figured the hand warmers can make more heat with 4+ more amps current.
Just putting this out there to give people ideas. Thanks for posting pictures !

Do the Spot lights see further then the headlights or just more lighting in the same area?

I have 2 Rigid pod Spot version lights mounted just like you did on my Apex. I found I needed a little more flood so I put a strip of diffuser tape across the bottom 2 led's on both pods. Now it has a nice spot/flood mix. I am still thinking about moving the led pods up to the same height as the headlights. I get alot of shadows when going up a rise in the trail. If you are using the pods in combination with the headlights the shadow will not be as bad because the higher mounted factory headlight illuminates over rises in the trail better. I wired my pod lights to a switch for snow plow lights. When I select high beam I can flip the switch over to just the pods or back to factory high beams. I did this because the pods draw 4.5 amps just like the two 9003/H4 bulbs do. I didn't want to draw too much current away from the machine powering both 9003 and two pod lights. My hands freeze and I figured the hand warmers can make more heat with 4+ more amps current.
Just putting this out there to give people ideas. Thanks for posting pictures !

The lights i installed are spot also. Still need to get out and test them out. Might have to get some diffuser tape also.

Do the Spot lights see further then the headlights or just more lighting in the same area?
Both shine further and light up a bigger area. The high beams are really lousy on my 2016 Apex. The low beams are good. It is strange that the high beams are better on my 2006 Apex compared to my 2016. Exact same bulbs and reflectors. I figured maybe it has something to do with how the bulb is positioned in the reflector. I'm still looking at other light pods. The Rigid ones are cool white which is nice for distance but if I find a spot type light with a more neutral tint and some diffusion I may swap them out. Also getting the light up higher would be nice for the shadow on the back side of blind hills. Mounting the lights where 1nc 2000 and I have them too is good because it looks good and my cover still fits.

Back