• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back pack

I use a HMK pack. Works well, I'm pretty sure it is not water proof, so I just put certain things in zipp bags. Has a hydration bag that can be removed, holds a depth stick/probe, shovel with compass and saw built in the handle. Has a fair amount of pockets and seperators in the main storage area. Overall a good pack. The only other one I would try would be the Klim one, mostly because it seems everything they make seems to function better then most.

If you are shopping around I would take a look at how far the shoulder straps at the top of the pack. There is a difference. When I ride out west, I ride with a backpack and a tek vest. It took me a while to find one with straps wide enough so as to not become a pain in the neck while ridding all day. I ride with a Back Country Access (BCA) backpack and it works well.

WAK

I ride with a Klim back pack. It's very light, and has enough room for all my snacks during a days ride. Also has a spot for my shovel, and the straps work well with my protective vest.

I have been riding the past couple years with a Timberline back pack I bought at TJ Maxx for $20. I dont carry any tools or shovel in it. I have just used it for extra layers, goggles, snacks, etc. It works great. G.B.

Back