• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad Exhaust Donut soundclip?

Dodge Ram said:
I think I have lost all my donuts. I have no rattle but now just a sled that sounds like a car with open headers under my gas tank. Rumbles at idle and vibrates going down the trail. Loud also. Gooing to tear into it tuesday. Cked OFT and they are out of copper donuts. Great! And the kid just hit a tree with the spare sled. So I now need to get mine up and running before this weekend.
dodge ram sounds like you may have a broken pipe,my donuts were shot gone and they didnt sound any louder. it was the rattle that gave it away,the clamps will only rotate till they get against the tunnel and that is where that loud rattle comes from but from what im reading the stock donuts are garbage.

Plug your exhaust with a rag...if it stalls your donuts are good...if it dosen't your donuts are shot. We have changed many sets out to copper ones...some sounded way louder then others but all were shot. Rag trick worked every time.

I hear no rattling, but I read here somewhere while coasting from high speed down , I get a few popping sounds out the exhaust and that is bad donuts? Not sure but I will try the rag trick for curiosity sake.

Back