• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad Exhaust Donut soundclip?

I would like to hear it too. I was told that it just sounds louder. I found a set of 3 copper donuts still in the packaging and a spring for $105 delivered. I bought them only cause the guy said he paid "about $200.00" Is that what they are worth?

I should have taken a video before i took my header pipe off. But mine started to rattle really loud cause those clamps came lose because the donuts burnt out

If you ride hard, and have about 3000 miles on your nytro...just assume they are shot. In my case, at about 3000 miles they were completely destroyed.

Here is my exhaust, thought it sounded a little raspy...Thoughts?

[video width=560 height=315]http://www.youtube.com/v/BRPN3XSJ9YY[/video]

There were only a few pieces left of mine after 3000 miles. Just changed them out last Saturday. I had a bad rattling sound coming from under seat. It obviously was the clamps rattling.

I never noticed any change in noise, since the clutch rattles so much anyways...and I've trained myself to not listen to the snowmobiles funny noises. Less stressful that way!

sleddingfarmer said:
I never noticed any change in noise, since the clutch rattles so much anyways...and I've trained myself to not listen to the snowmobiles funny noises. Less stressful that way!

I agree, but this noise is very noticable haha

Just changed the clamps on mine, the sled only has 3200 miles, I'm reading that everybody's clamps are going around then... it was a terrible rattling noise and changed them out and now now it purrs!!

09 nytro xtx

I am not sure this is the right thing to do? But i used a towlel and plugged exhaust with it running. It killed the motor so i am assuming no exhaust leaks doughnut good??

FWIW , from my personel experience on my previous Nytro, at idle there was only a slight difference , barely noticeable, but under load at full acceleration is where you could really hear it and there was no doubt about the fact that they were leaking , happened at approx 6000 miles ( 9500 km) .

easy

iwillwait4u said:
I am not sure this is the right thing to do? But i used a towlel and plugged exhaust with it running. It killed the motor so i am assuming no exhaust leaks doughnut good??

I'm thinking that you could probably have a pretty good exhaust leak, and plugging the exhaust like that would still kill the motor...but I could be wrong. If you're over the 3000 mile mark, I'd start looking into exhaust donuts. Its not that hard of a job once you figure it out.

i used a flashlight and looked at the exhaust clamps while it was running. The clamps will rattle and move when the sled is running if the doughnuts are worn out.

If you take the plastic shroud off behind the muffler you can see the clamps.

I just recently replaced the exhaust donuts on my xtx....Last spring I could hear a small rattle in the exhaust. Once taken apart...I could tell where the rattle sound was coming from. The exhaust clamps loosen off when the exhaust donuts have worn out, causing the clamps to turn on the exhaust. The clamps then sit on the alluminum cover causing a rattling sound when idling. I replaced the donuts and bolts on the clamps. I also made the spacers in the clamps a little smaller, which made them tighten up a little better when put back on. Note: use copper anti-seize on the header bolts to prevent them from seizing. I had a tough time getting them out, so the higher temp copper anti-seize should help if I ever have to take it apart again.

Hemi sound from under the gas tank.

I think I have lost all my donuts. I have no rattle but now just a sled that sounds like a car with open headers under my gas tank. Rumbles at idle and vibrates going down the trail. Loud also. Gooing to tear into it tuesday. Cked OFT and they are out of copper donuts. Great! And the kid just hit a tree with the spare sled. So I now need to get mine up and running before this weekend.

Back