• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

barcodeperformance.com Nytro Front End

Hey Tom, have you ever ridden the skinz or Zbros front ends? Would really like to change the front end on my nytro if there is a large improvement in handling. But sure want to choose the right one for that amount of money. Seem like the moving forward is the key, so you would think this kit with the +5 would be better that than the other with the +3? But we will never know before someone tries all the different choices. Any feedback would be appreciated. Would like to do something yet this year, but maybe I will have to wait. Getting late in the season to have to wait a couple weeks to get this. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Zbros kit, but now I'm not sure which way to go?? I need to get one of these and be a test pilot for them. LOL Dan

Agman 57 said:
Hey Tom, have you ever ridden the skinz or Zbros front ends? Would really like to change the front end on my nytro if there is a large improvement in handling. But sure want to choose the right one for that amount of money. Seem like the moving forward is the key, so you would think this kit with the +5 would be better that than the other with the +3? But we will never know before someone tries all the different choices. Any feedback would be appreciated. Would like to do something yet this year, but maybe I will have to wait. Getting late in the season to have to wait a couple weeks to get this. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Zbros kit, but now I'm not sure which way to go?? I need to get one of these and be a test pilot for them. LOL Dan

I have not tried the other kits... it would be nice to have those available to compare but I dont have that luxury and I can only post what I find on the kit I am trying out...You have to be careful taking reviews from those that produce it... 9 times out of 10 it will be bias....

Agman 57 said:

I experimented with different mountain front end configurations after having the opportunity to demo a prototype set last season. Out of a virtual season of testing I learned alot. I built 2.5", 3",4", and 5" sets. They were all tested in the mountains,back to back in many varying conditions. Here is a pic of some I haven't recycled yet.

Attachments

• 000_0011.JPG
    000_0011.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 530
Agman 57 said:

My opinion dtay away from zbroz they do wat they claim and improve handling but there design is weak buddy has broke his twice this year. My opinion go with a chromoly arm skinz are very strong and work great I cant comment on any of the other arm builders. (CR Racing, Mountain Tech, Barocode)

Mountaintech said:
Agman 57 said:

I experimented with different mountain front end configurations after having the opportunity to demo a prototype set last season. Out of a virtual season of testing I learned alot. I built 2.5", 3",4", and 5" sets. They were all tested in the mountains,back to back in many varying conditions. Here is a pic of some I haven't recycled yet.

Is this thread about you and your work???.... This thread is about my findings on a front end that I was asked to look at. Please refrain from posting on this thread... you want to talk about your front end you are more then welcome to start your own thread. Beside... this is a trail kit... not a mountain kit.

Hope I didn't start any trouble, just asking some questions. I'll bet it is hard to stay neutral between all these different companies. You run a tight ship Tom, and that is why this is the best snowmobile site on the web! It is to bad that somehow we can't have some kind of test of all these different kits, so we don't have to spend about a grand to find out if they are any good or not. Just my 2-cents

Agman 57 said:
Hope I didn't start any trouble, just asking some questions. I'll bet it is hard to stay neutral between all these different companies. You run a tight ship Tom, and that is why this is the best snowmobile site on the web! It is to bad that somehow we can't have some kind of test of all these different kits, so we don't have to spend about a grand to find out if they are any good or not. Just my 2-cents

I understand... I just started the thread to show what I was working on. Its not hear to have a competitor jump all over it...you have to walk a fine line and be respectful to the other company's that also support the site. I am just saying .... I like when a products proves itself and shines, rather then the manufacture say how great it is and it fails.

Update: I rode the sled for 90 miles on the trail today... handled pretty well... fairly flat. I am seeing some corrosion below shock mounts and bolt heads.

With the long feel ... it still feels heavy on the steering.

Here is a question for all your guys that own a plus 3 front end or any new style front end. Whats the primary goal of the new a-arms.... to remove the twitchy feel or help with the heavy feel??

MrSled said:
Mountaintech said:
Agman 57 said:

Is this thread about you and your work???.... This thread is about my findings on a front end that I was asked to look at. Please refrain from posting on this thread... you want to talk about your front end you are more then welcome to start your own thread. Beside... this is a trail kit... not a mountain kit.

No this thread is about the kit you have installed on your sled. I was merely trying to provide some input to Agman57, pointing out that to my knowledge I am the only one who has taken the time to test 2.5, 3 , 4 and 5 back to back, and others have not had that opportunity. I did not post my findings. You know how I feel about what you have. I am aware that you are testing a trail kit. There are many trails (groomed) in the mountains as well. A good mountain kit is a compromise between trial handling and good deeper snow performance (where the Nytro really needs help) I will refrain from posting here further as I have my own threads. Safe Sledding

Mountaintech, I think it would be very useful if you would start a thread on the differences you have found in the differences between the 2.5-5" forward. If you have tried all these, what was the results between them, and why have you settled on what you have now? Thanks Dan

I totally have to apologize for our website. Its pretty bad, I agree. Im hoping to have some more info/pics etc. on it soon.
This is precisely why we have not really posted personally how we feel about our kit. We are completely bias and love the way it handles. Like I have posted before, we have been real world testing for quite some time now. Found many flaws and handling characteristics that needed to be changed, from our initial design. We believe we have finally found the best compromise for the nytro.

Barcode and Mr. Sled: How does the +5 affect backing up and loading on trailers? I would think that it would make it low clearance for loading on trailers/trucks and reverse could be touchy?

Not a deal breaker for the arms, they look like a very nice setup.

We personally have not noticed any loading issues. That being said on some other forums there are guys saying they have issues with loading with a variety of + forward kits. Please keep in mind that every loading scenario is different. Its impossible to predict how each individual loads and unloads.
We load onto deck over trailers that have 7ft doors that fold down, and into slightly lifted pickup trucks beds. With 8ft ramps. We also have made sure there is nothing sharp or any sort of a edge to catch.

newfie09xtx said:
Barcode and Mr. Sled: How does the +5 affect backing up and loading on trailers? I would think that it would make it low clearance for loading on trailers/trucks and reverse could be touchy?

Not a deal breaker for the arms, they look like a very nice setup.

I dont have issues with my trailer.

Back