• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Storage Solutions....Linq, Rotopax, and Givi Cases

Happen to have the distance for that nub? Would make provisions for it if i can.
Travis even better I have the template from BRP for the mounting. Should be able to get that to you in a few days

Very nice machining, I thought about a design similar to your design for carrying extra fuel but with the high center and carrying 2-3 gallons of fuel mounted on top, I was afraid of to much side to side movement even with braces especially when riding the rougher trails would put to much stress on the tunnel flexing, I know there was a carrier made by Yamaha for the venture that would fit the apex xtx which was a similar design like yours above the exhaust but they used piping, its not available anymore but could be easily converted to hold the linq or Ropax gas jugs, it looked very nice and suited the machine.

the venture one bolted onto existing structure above the tail light as i installed the one on my brothers 2013 rs venture gt.

i have the apex short track one on my 2011 xtx and i need to repair or replace it this year as it broke the rear support. it was all i could get when i bought it. it has caused me to re rivit the rear of the tunnel 3 times so far.
Canadians%20(32).jpg

image_zps4c2hfmyj.jpeg

the one for the attack or the apex lt goes on more like the one hibbsman is designing and puts no pressure on the tunnel extension

looks really great but what about weight to back of tunnel, saw someone do something very much the same with storage piece and it bend tunnel down over the course of one day of riding, i was behind sled all day and slowly watched this happen. 18lbs total weight is all it took to do damage.

the venture one bolted onto existing structure above the tail light as i installed the one on my brothers 2013 rs venture gt.

i have the apex short track one on my 2011 xtx and i need to repair or replace it this year as it broke the rear support. it was all i could get when i bought it. it has caused me to re rivit the rear of the tunnel 3 times so far.
Canadians%20(32).jpg

image_zps4c2hfmyj.jpeg

the one for the attack or the apex lt goes on more like the one hibbsman is designing and puts no pressure on the tunnel extension
This is what I came up with for carrying extra gas on my Apex and works very well.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

This is what I came up with for carrying extra gas on my Apex and works very well.View attachment 149231 View attachment 149232

Looks good but with it mounted like that, make sure you check the rivets and bolts on the tunnel extension every 2-3 rides as my 2011 apex xtx was shaking the bolts out and loosening the rivets. Just pulled the rack with the 1.5 gallon klopin as it was broken and doing it again.

Yes for sure, I have been checking to make sure everything is staying tight and none of the main tunnel extension rivets or bolts are coming loose, the way mine is bolted up I used factory rear holes where the bumper is attached for extra support using the bumper, plus to small drilled holes close to the tunnel bracing all side mounts nothing bolted on top of the tunnel, so far so good at 800miles of ungroomed trails nothing has come loose or bent, the rack itself is very strong no flexing, I will keep and eye on things though, thanks

Where is what I did to carry 2 gallons on my 13 shorty, one on each side.
The cans are from Harley Davidson and I mocked up the carriers and had a friend of mine make them out of aluminum.
And they are lockable.

Attachments

• 22E4E4FD-1535-44F3-AB28-97D194B0B139.jpeg
    22E4E4FD-1535-44F3-AB28-97D194B0B139.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 293
  • B69BF530-0D97-46CE-B895-C7CB476F3EAE.jpeg
    B69BF530-0D97-46CE-B895-C7CB476F3EAE.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 20ABC04D-06E0-42A6-8DC8-0B4558D0DF0D.jpeg
    20ABC04D-06E0-42A6-8DC8-0B4558D0DF0D.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 94356C34-D58B-409E-8D02-B8AB39E4B89E.jpeg
    94356C34-D58B-409E-8D02-B8AB39E4B89E.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 273
Where is what I did to carry 2 gallons on my 13 shorty, one on each side.
The cans are from Harley Davidson and I mocked up the carriers and had a friend of mine make them out of aluminum.
And they are lockable.
That's a good idea, with locks, mine will lock also, I seen somewhere gas jugs made for a Harley or cruiser that were held in specially shaped saddle bags more triangle shaped for some extra gas, maybe in the bike section of Royal Distributing catalog, they held I think 3/4 gallon each, would work great with your design.

Maybe those are the one's you are using.....da lol

I have been actively working on some designs to provide quick attach storage and gas carrying options for all Apex models as these dependable sleds are still ridden by many on long saddlebag trips. I will have one design that fits the 11+ Apex, and another for the 06-10 Apex. Both designs will still allow access to seat pouch

The base plate will accept linq, rotopax, and givi hard cases.

The 11+ Apex Mounting kit will also fit Phazer and Nytro Tunnels.

The 06-10 Apex mounting kit also fits the RX-1, and vectors in both 121 and 136 variations.

Lastly, I will have a "build your own" kit which is linq latches that attach to my base plate so you can essentially attach an existing bag, case, rack to it and make your own linq accessory.

Will provide more pictures once I get prototype mounting kits in hand.

View attachment 148794 View attachment 148795 View attachment 148796 View attachment 148797 View attachment 148798 View attachment 148799 View attachment 148800
Any update on your idea for an 11+ Apex XTX
I have been actively working on some designs to provide quick attach storage and gas carrying options for all Apex models as these dependable sleds are still ridden by many on long saddlebag trips. I will have one design that fits the 11+ Apex, and another for the 06-10 Apex. Both designs will still allow access to seat pouch

The base plate will accept linq, rotopax, and givi hard cases.

The 11+ Apex Mounting kit will also fit Phazer and Nytro Tunnels.

The 06-10 Apex mounting kit also fits the RX-1, and vectors in both 121 and 136 variations.

Lastly, I will have a "build your own" kit which is linq latches that attach to my base plate so you can essentially attach an existing bag, case, rack to it and make your own linq accessory.

Will provide more pictures once I get prototype mounting kits in hand.

View attachment 148794 View attachment 148795 View attachment 148796 View attachment 148797 View attachment 148798 View attachment 148799 View attachment 148800
Any updates to your idea for 11+ Apex XTX's ?

Tested the apex concept this past season and just was not happy with it and have come with a new concept. New concept should allow for one design that fits all apex and vectors and even the nytro. The new concept would also allow one to run Yamaha saddle bags over top of seat in combination with my rack set up. Hope to have drawings finished up today so I can send them off to get samples made up.

Here is a peak of the new idea on the 11+ apex. This design is much more rigid with less sway. Offset brackets move the bumper back. No holes to drill as everything mounts up to existing bumper holes in tunnel.

IMG_2608.jpg

Last edited:
Time to update on my progress. Made some changes to the side plates so that they will fit many models. One design helps keep the costs down and less for me to stock.

Going to start with the 11-18 Apex in this post. I ditched the offset brackets that relocate the bumper as it just was not sturdy enough for my liking. 128/129 models of the 11-apex will come with a new bumper. The xtx 144 and 146 models do not need a bumper. Below are some pictures. of the 11-18 apex configuration. The location still allows for use of saddlebags and seat trunk access. Kit bolts to tunnel using existing bumper holes and can very easily be removed when not needed. Top portion of the hose covers gets trimmed off. One could also possibly slot the plastic.

I am still contemplating some x bracing. It doesn't have much sway compared to my first design last year.

Preliminary pricing:

128/129 risers set, top cargo plate & bumper combo....$250
144/146 risers set & top cargo plate... $225

On a side note I'm converting this 13 apex to a 40th anniversary replica with 08 airbox lid, hood and side panels!

IMG_3120.jpg
IMG_3123.jpg

Back