• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Storage Solutions....Linq, Rotopax, and Givi Cases

Looking good..
I can see there is a space between the top mounting plate and seat, is there a reason for having a few inches in between, What is the measurement between the seat and underneath the top mounting plate? I would like the top plate just slightly over the seat lol..

I will be buying one in black once you have them ready ..

Just a thought, would be awesome if there is some kind of removable hard case we can mount to the sides of your mount to aid in extra luggage on overnight trips etc, I guess that’s where we get creative lol..

Few of my riding buddies have the oem Polaris hard case saddle bags which work pretty good, so much better than soft saddle bags imo..

Looking good..
I can see there is a space between the top mounting plate and seat, is there a reason for having a few inches in between, What is the measurement between the seat and underneath the top mounting plate? I would like the top plate just slightly over the seat lol..

I will be buying one in black once you have them ready ..

Just a thought, would be awesome if there is some kind of removable hard case we can mount to the sides of your mount to aid in extra luggage on overnight trips etc, I guess that’s where we get creative lol..

Few of my riding buddies have the oem Polaris hard case saddle bags which work pretty good, so much better than soft saddle bags imo..

I am trying to maintain access to the seat trunk. Need some space to get to latches. Can probably cheat it down some.

I will have to look into some small hard cases that could potentially be mounted on the sides.

If it's Linq compatible just get the Ski-Doo Linq saddlebags

I am trying to maintain access to the seat trunk. Need some space to get to latches. Can probably cheat it down some.

I will have to look into some small hard cases that could potentially be mounted on the sides.
Great thanks..

If it's Linq compatible just get the Ski-Doo Linq saddlebags
True but I was just thinking for myself I would rather just have the fuel caddy on top and use the sides for some type of removable luggage.

We do a lot of trips up in northern Ontario and some of the distance between fuel stops can’t be done on a newer apex just with the fuel in the tank so I would be always carrying extra fuel on BOP rear rack, I’m not really a fan of double stacking the fuel and bag all on top.

This rack really leaves you open to use a number of things. Rotopax could mount on the side, and the top case could be about anything. Maybe I would consider mounting the trunk bag off my motorcycle as well.

The whole idea of being able to mount where we could not before is cool. Did I miss a potential price tag on the is metal piece? Raw or powdercoated?

You can use the saddlebags in combination with a Linq gas caddy. You can also get the gas can that stacks and you could put an additional bag on top of it.
Sort of like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/PhTCqspzAkvn61Lz5

Ski-Doo really is tops for accessories by a large margin

True but I was just thinking for myself I would rather just have the fuel caddy on top and use the sides for some type of removable luggage.

We do a lot of trips up in northern Ontario and some of the distance between fuel stops can’t be done on a newer apex just with the fuel in the tank so I would be always carrying extra fuel on BOP rear rack, I’m not really a fan of double stacking the fuel and bag all on top.

You can use the saddlebags in combination with a Linq gas caddy. You can also get the gas can that stacks and you could put an additional bag on top of it.
Sort of like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/PhTCqspzAkvn61Lz5

Ski-Doo really is tops for accessories by a large margin
This is true but keep in mind the linq saddlebags also utilize a small mounting nub that is positioned on the side of the tunnel. With the extra height I don’t know if this can be mounted at the right vertical distance relative to the linq bracket

This rack really leaves you open to use a number of things. Rotopax could mount on the side, and the top case could be about anything. Maybe I would consider mounting the trunk bag off my motorcycle as well.

The whole idea of being able to mount where we could not before is cool. Did I miss a potential price tag on the is metal piece? Raw or powdercoated?
I was thinking the same, adding a 5L Rotopax on each side and leave the top for luggage.

Would be awesome if BOP makes the sides so a Rotopax mount can be added, even better if they come predrilled to add the Rotopax mount on either side..

I'm just spitballing here as I was trying to figure out a clean solution to this problem as well. I wonder if the old school tail light / tunnel cover from the mountain apex could be utilized putting the tail light at the very back above the bumper. This would allow for potential linq mounting directly on the tunnel.

What do you think? Picture below.

well #$#$ lol, google 2006 mountain apex brake light.
url

Haven't looked into cost of this new(if they still sell it )
url

07ApexMTNSE_red_2_300.jpg

url

Last edited:
This is true but keep in mind the linq saddlebags also utilize a small mounting nub that is positioned on the side of the tunnel. With the extra height I don’t know if this can be mounted at the right vertical distance relative to the linq bracket

Happen to have the distance for that nub? Would make provisions for it if i can.

Very nice machining, I thought about a design similar to your design for carrying extra fuel but with the high center and carrying 2-3 gallons of fuel mounted on top, I was afraid of to much side to side movement even with braces especially when riding the rougher trails would put to much stress on the tunnel flexing, I know there was a carrier made by Yamaha for the venture that would fit the apex xtx which was a similar design like yours above the exhaust but they used piping, its not available anymore but could be easily converted to hold the linq or Ropax gas jugs, it looked very nice and suited the machine.

Back