• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Tunnel Saver & Repair Kit - reinforces or repairs the front skid mount in tunnel

What color "saver" plates would you buy?

• Natural Aluminum

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Black

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Red

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Looked at some numbers and I'm thinking I will retail black or natural saver plate kits for $35. Multi grip rivets will be included. Natural plates will have natural finished rivets, and black plates will have painted black rivets. The kit will do both sides of the tunnel.

The color demand is not as great as I envisioned. Since these plates are so small the added cost for me to have a hand full of them coated special colors is really not going to be practical. A set up fee alone would be more than the $35 kit. My suggestion for those that want them coated a special color would be to buy the natural finish and try to coordinate with a local powder coater or even paint them yourself.

Last edited:

I used a big bolt and washers through the hole to suck the plate in very tight to the tunnel, in the correct position, then drilled and riveted it in place. It’s easy with the skid out. You could do it with the skid in but you would have to remove the forward shaft bolts.
77293390-0EAF-4085-8D39-15460B90BB32.jpeg

I got a set from BOP this fall. All the kits are black plates with black rivets now. I ordered the plain aluminum but he no longer stocks them.

I've now developed a kit that will reinforce the front skid mounting area of the tunnel. There have been reports of tunnels cracking, severely mangled tunnels due to cross shaft shears, and egged holes due to bolts coming loose. This kit will help address all of these issues. It can be used to reinforce and preserve a good tunnel or used as a repair option for a tunnel already compromised. The outer plate is large enough that it should hide any weld repairs, dents, tears ect to the tunnel and provide a clean finish.

View attachment 141065 View attachment 141066

Travis, any chance of making these plates so they have a curve on the bottom and extend onto the running boards?
In stock form the tunnel flexes from the running boards and cracks below the bottom rivet at cross shaft mount.

Travis, any chance of making these plates so they have a curve on the bottom and extend onto the running boards?
In stock form the tunnel flexes from the running boards and cracks below the bottom rivet at cross shaft mount.
Sorry I didn't see this post back in January. Do you have any photos?

Back