• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Base Viper Short Track spring settings?

sk-rx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Does anyone know, or know where I can find, the "factory" settings for the coil over springs, either the installed length as Yamaha used to call it or maybe threads showing??? Manual just says they are set at the factory. Need to know front springs, also interested in where they set the front track shock, Std vs SE.
Thanks

Installed base front socks, matching bumper height to what I measured of Floats with 75 psi. Seems to ride well but I have a lot more preload than a friends Cat 2012 1100, like 1 in more. Can someone measure length of exposed threads on a base Viper, RTX preferred but the LTX may be the same. Just curious how close I am to the factory setting. Thanks

Spent some time at my dealer today finally going thru the service manual. No mention anywhere of stock setting for exposed threads on front shocks. It does say if you take it apart make note of exposed threads. Anyone with a short track Viper with coil overs have a tape measure? I am at 2 3/8 but I saw a few Cats this weekend that looked a lot less than that. Could not find a 7000 though. Saw a 2015 AC 700 at a local dealer today but it had Floats.

shocks

I have the standard viper and my front shocks have 2 inches from the bottom top of ilet to the bottom of the first nut.Haven.t moved them from the time it was put together,hope this helps you out.

I have coil overs and have been messing around between 2" and 2 3/4" Ill be back out this week screwing around with it again and ill keep track of my settings for rear and front for yah. Every time i touch the rear shock i have to mess with the front vise versa. I would love to know if there is a stock setting as well.

Thanks very much guys. I want to mess around with the rear but I wanted to know if my front settings were pretty close to what comes from the factory before I went too far. Nowhere do they say what the measurement is but they frequently say that it's important. I think I will lower mine a bit closer to the 2 inch setting, then go from there.

How much do you weight? I weight 175-180 with gear on.

My settings are as follows.

Front Coilovers - Set at 2.5"

Straps - 2nd hole

Rear Front Coil Over - Set at 2.625"

Torsion springs - Setting 1

Coupling block - 3rd Setting

I lowered my front preload to 2.25, set the strap in the second hole, 1 shorter than stock. Rear springs are in the middle, couplers are also in the middle. I basked off 3 turns on my front track shock, not sure how much thread showing now. Rode mine his weekend and it seems much improved. Still a bit hard to be sure as our conditions seem to be different each time out. This will probably be where I leave them, our snow is fading fast. Thanks again for giving me a baseline.

Back