• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

battery ?

Mine did the same thing in the beginning of the year i changed the battery and it seems to be holding strong so far. Hope you figure it out.

Stator is internal. Just trace the wires back from the battery to find the connection desired. I will get a drawing for you when i get home tonight after work. I believe its a three prong greyish white plug.

my 09 nytro had the battery replaced by the dealer because they told me it was a recall.....yamaha got a bad bunch of batteries may want to check before flipping out the $$$ for a new one

yeah how much is a new battery anyway??i really dont want to put anymore money into this thing whereas i only have another month of riding...but theres a storm brewing for saturday!! damn it..enticeraised!? going over monday to work on it.

ericmichael said:
yeah how much is a new battery anyway??i really dont want to put anymore money into this thing whereas i only have another month of riding...but theres a storm brewing for saturday!! damn it..enticeraised!? going over monday to work on it.

Ok, just got home from watching the Russia/Canada game at the pub. Will send info asap.

AC Magneto

Front of the sled, under the ECU. You'll see three white wires coming into a connection on the AC Magento. Unstrap the ECU, move out of the way. Remove the (2) 8mm bolts holding the AC Magneto. Carefully remove the three prong plug with a flat screwdriver.

Attachments

• GetAttachmentCA5KX1NZ.jpg
    GetAttachmentCA5KX1NZ.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 99
  • GetAttachmentCA5KX1NZ.jpg
    GetAttachmentCA5KX1NZ.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 97
more

more

Attachments

• GetAttachmentCA6IWXKJ.jpg
    GetAttachmentCA6IWXKJ.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 99
  • GetAttachmentCAL9UEPS.jpg
    GetAttachmentCAL9UEPS.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 307
  • GetAttachmentCAMT078A.jpg
    GetAttachmentCAMT078A.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 101
Put your multimeter on Ohms. Make sure its just on ohms and not M or the k setting. Red (positive) prong on the center pin, black (negative) prong on either side (check both). Book says .22 to .26 ohms. Mine said .3 ohms. The three prong plug is grey and on the left side of the AC Magneto(if your standing in front of the sled looking towards it).

enticeraised said:
Put your multimeter on Ohms. Make sure its just on ohms and not M or the k setting. Red (positive) prong on the center pin, black (negative) prong on either side (check both). Book says .22 to .26 ohms. Mine said .3 ohms. The three prong plug is grey and on the left side of the AC Magneto(if your standing in front of the sled looking towards it).

Very good information, you didn't have to go through all that for me, but I do apprieciate it. This is checking the stator for resistance correct? anyways this will be the first thing to do when i get there. I'll let you know my findings. hopefully in the .25-.3 range. If not?

ericmichael said:
enticeraised said:

Very good information, you didn't have to go through all that for me, but I do apprieciate it. This is checking the stator for resistance correct? anyways this will be the first thing to do when i get there. I'll let you know my findings. hopefully in the .25-.3 range. If not?

You bet, had too many beer last night after the win. You are checking the output of the stator coil on that three prong grey connection. :drink: If its out of specification it needs to be replaced/repaired. (Fairly big job) - depends on your skill level i guess.

grimm-i was over there yesterday, going to be bringing the sled back home finally this weekend..been so busy with work, and we lost our snow unbelievabley early this year i just lost intrest!But the battery holds 13.2 volts so the battery is good. My next step is to check that stator output. If this is the problem, how $$ we talkin?thanks man

STATOR ASSY for 2008 YAMAHA FX10MTX/FX10MTRX
8GL-81410-00-00
$227.88

That's for my MTX but I assume the others use the same. It was under the 'generator' heading.

Back