• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battling Rich Block in PCV Map not correcting?

Vmax4creed

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 APEX
Supercharged Apex bored injectors to 525, Secondary fuel pump, PCV with autotune, Ignition module. At 10% throttle this thing is loading up to 10AFR i see its going from 8 on the block before up to 19/20 in the 10% 7700 rpm block. I dont know why its adding double from the previous rpm & throttle block & why is the Autotune is allowing this to happen when the richest i am in the table is 11.8 @ WOT. When i reduce the fuel slowly in the block goes super lean 14.8. Anyone have a battle like this battling a couple of odd ball blocks in the fuel map?

I had a similar problem with the MPI GEMS module it would run really lean at a certain RPM and it was a hole, I made it richer it went way to rich and bogged, then back to way to lean. I chalked it up to the limitations of the resolution of the controller.

I had a similar problem with the MPI GEMS module it would run really lean at a certain RPM and it was a hole, I made it richer it went way to rich and bogged, then back to way to lean. I chalked it up to the limitations of the resolution of the controller.
Kinger were you eventually able to get rid of it ?? thought this would be a piece of cake with the power commander tune ability compared to the gems it is proving otherwise

Unhook your OEM MAP sensor (between cylinders 3 & 4 on the throttle bodies), it will throw a code, but ignore it & see if that makes it work as it should. I believe what you're running into is the OEM Map sensor getting confused as it sees from vacuum to boost transition.

Turned Auto tune off & focused on those sells on the fuel table ended up taking quite a bit out to get afr decent seems good now , will be running auto tune again now to fine tune it.

I believe the PCV will only allow the autotune to adjust trims between 11.5 and 14afr. If your at 10.0 it wont adjust fuel.
I'm not sure on the lean side but on the rich side PCV will not allow autotune to adjust trims below 11.0. When I was tuning my Viper with Hurricane turbo I kept trying to get to 10.5 and it wouldn't. Contacted Dynojet and had to download a patch to allow below 11.0

So what fixed it exactly?
Took quite a bit of fuel out of the cells @ 10% throttle range finally AFRs came around. I didn't realize the autotune couldn't adjust as rich as 10 AFR will be logging miles now with it on to hopefully be able to accept trims & dial it in .

Did you leave the stock map sensor connected ? Surely it must be required to provide proper fueling in vaccum up to 0 vac?

Did you leave the stock map sensor connected ? Surely it must be required to provide proper fueling in vaccum up to 0 vac?
It still has the stock map sensor, I got it close the end of the winter but still not great. I will get it this winter for sure

Back