• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bearing numbers for front and secondary shafts

erniebigmac

Hi gang! was just wondering if anyone new the bearing numbers for the 2005 rx-1 front and secondary shafts. I want to replace them all just for peace of mind next year as I read it seems to be a known issue with this sled. This is my first sled and really got a lot of learning to do, I am a auto tech by day so feel comfortable taking things apart. I also have the 2003 rx-1 repair manual which i am assuming would apply to this machine. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

royal distributing sells a kit with all the jackshaft bearings. the bearing behind the secondary is the odd one, a 6206k, the k means its tapered bore. the driveshaft speedo side us a ub205 with locking setscrews. the chaincase bearings are common and can be sourced easily. please add your location so everyone knows where you are, and can help you better.

Bearings

Thanks grader!! Do you think I am wasting my time with the chaincase bearings being the fact they are in oil? I heard the jackshaft bearing can be replaced without removing the shaft, can you change the secondary one also without removing the shaft? What would you do? Thanks again

you have to remove chaincase and jackshaft to get the bearing out. how many miles on sled? bearing should last 10000 miles if greased regularly. chaincase bearings life depends on maintenance, oil change intervals, quality of oil. royal distributing in ontario sells these bearings for a good price if you need them, good summer project.

Bearings

7800 miles bought sled and first night out noticed suspension broke on welds in five different places. Removed and welded and also welded gussets in also replaced front bushings as they were worn badly. Don't really know how well sled was maintained grabbed jackshaft when I had suspension out it did have slight play at both ends. Guess since chaincase and shafts have to come out might as well do it all. Couldn't find bearing kits at royal but did notice link to all balls better bearings and components they had both complete sets for under forty bucks each including seals. Thanks for the royal distributing tip, lots of great stuff there. Noticed today that my brushes on my secondary are pretty much at 1mm, how soon should I change them noticed in the manual it said that's the wear limit. I'm no speed demon, forty years old and lost my edge for speed bought this sled more for four stroke reliability. I love to accelerate fast but let off around a 100 km and cruise about 60 to 70 km/h. I know what your thinking "what a Sally" haha thanks again for all your help.

Bearings

Dennis Kirk also sells a bearing package for the jack shaft and the drive shaft. It is around $77.00 shipped. I just purchased one last week for my 05 Warrior with 5000 miles on it.

as for the clutch buttons, get the yamaha oem replacements. they are pricey but cheaper in the u.s. the aftermarket buttons are junk and not worth installing.

Back