• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bearing question

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
I am changing the left side upper drive shaft bearing om 17 Sidewinder. The bearing I removed is a 6206RD 28mm bore diameter. I ordered a FAG bearing from an online source. That bearing is a 6206RSR 30mm bore diameter.
Every 6206 bearing I look at has a 30mm bore. I cant find an aftermarket equivalent for this 6206RD bearing. I cant believe the factory one is the only source. Am I wrong?

I am changing the left side upper drive shaft bearing om 17 Sidewinder. The bearing I removed is a 6206RD 28mm bore diameter. I ordered a FAG bearing from an online source. That bearing is a 6206RSR 30mm bore diameter.
Every 6206 bearing I look at has a 30mm bore. I cant find an aftermarket equivalent for this 6206RD bearing. I cant believe the factory one is the only source. Am I wrong?
Are those all of the numbers on the bearing seal (6206rd)doesn't make any sense as the 06 in 6206=30mm bore.should be single rubber sealed one side only.assuming new bearing fits loose or you had measured shaft&it was 28?

New bearing is loose. I then measured the old bearing at 28mm. That’s all the numbers on the seal

New bearing is loose. I then measured the old bearing at 28mm. That’s all the numbers on the seal
Who is the mfg of original bearing?Yamaha has been known to use some special size bearings but generally coded as special by the bearing number.was the own bearing big money?

Do you mean the Jackshaft bearing behind the secondary clutch?
Are you sure it's 28mm cuz all my cross numbers show 30mm?
I'll check my new Yamaha bearing tomorrow & measure it.

ID=30mm OD=62mm W=16mm

6=Bearing type which is a deep groove-single row
2=Bearing robustness 9 is thin, 4 is heavy, 2 is light
06=Bore size, so 00=10mm, 03=17mm, over 03 is 5 times the # so 06=30mm
RS=contact rubber seal
RD=extremely light contact seal (a little less heat at the contact of the race)

I thought it needed a 2 before the RS or RD to be double seals, but apparently not

The RS is ok, but 2mm is A LOT

Last edited:
Who is the mfg of original bearing?Yamaha has been known to use some special size bearings but generally coded as special by the bearing number.was the own bearing big money?
So it is in fact a special bearing from what I've found,see post by ruffryder reference jackshaft bearing,he found the same thing 28mm id (which makes no sense )but seems to be a yamaha only bearing &he had to purchase from yamaha,another oddball bearing to add to the list.

So it is in fact a special bearing from what I've found,see post by ruffryder reference jackshaft bearing,he found the same thing 28mm id (which makes no sense )but seems to be a yamaha only bearing &he had to purchase from yamaha,another oddball bearing to add to the list.
Also found it's yamaha only&articcat is different

it is a Koyo bearing. the only other markings are "4YD" on the inner race. Ordered one from Yamaha today. In the Yamaha fiche it is listed as their part number then 6206, misleading......
Maybe 4YD stands for " For Yamaha Driveshaft"
The chaincase side is an open 6206 bearing.

Also found it's yamaha only&articcat is different
The Cat shaft is different to accommodate their secondary.

Back