• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bender racing new billet primary cover

bufalobob

here is the new bender racing billet primary cover. it's anodized & comes w/ a bronze bushing in place of the crappy fibre bushing that yamaha supplies. the wider than stock bronze bushing gives more support to the primary cover & eliminates binding.
bob

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 216
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 204

Sure would be nice if they offered a better description on the web site.

I have no idea the benefit of this.

Is it lighter, how much? Will it impact the current weights you have? Is it better for racing or trail sleds? Does it help mpg?

kinger:
the clutch in the pics is off my 835 srx trail sled ( 194 h.p. @ dynotech ). the cover bushing has approx. 30% more surface contact area on the spider shaft than the stock cover. this along w/ the bronze bushing will not only be more durable but also improve shifting. i did not weigh it but it is definetly lighter. you can use any weights w/ this cover. as you can see in the picture my clutch has heel clickers in it.
bob

dirkdiggler said:
looks just like the hi-tech 911 cover.

Is Bender a site advertiser??

I have a Hi-Tech 911 cover on my Attak and yes it does look the same.
I also have the adjustable nut that Duane sells. It allows you to adjust the primary sheave for belt wear. I have used this set up on my Blade, my 700 SX and now the Attak. Great set up. The larger bushing seems to eliminate any bind in the clutch.

shaddow44 said:
dirkdiggler said:
looks just like the hi-tech 911 cover.

Is Bender a site advertiser??[/quote]

Yep, they sure are. ;)!

Ya, I've seen Bender adds on here lots of times.

But I don't think this post would be disallowed anyways because he's talking about a mod he bought and is using, not just playing decoy for Bender.

I like posts like this one, displaying new and innovative products that are out there that are helpful to the rest of the group.

Just my $.02!!!!!

Mike

Time for old post resurection....

The primary on both 4stroke Phazer and Apex are YXR's, however, the phazer has what appears to be a cast weight imbedded into the cover and the apex does not.

Does this mean installation of this cover on a phazer will casue a vibration issue?

I have a pic if no one knows that im talking about

Currently, bender racing is looking into this...

Yamahammer485 said:
Time for old post resurection....
The primary on both 4stroke Phazer and Apex are YXR's, however, the phazer has what appears to be a cast weight imbedded into the cover and the apex does not.
Does this mean installation of this cover on a phazer will casue a vibration issue?
I have a pic if no one knows that im talking about
Currently, bender racing is looking into this...

Being an 07 Phazer FX owner, I would be interested in this Bender cover issue with the cast-in weight. Yamahammer 485, please do keep us posted on what Bender comes back with.

Bender says that after looking at part numbers, etc.., the cover will work fine with no vibration issues.

Apparently the weight in the cover is just to counteract imbalance in the cover from the factory....

Back