• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bender racing new billet primary cover

Looks very similar to my original 911ER from Hi-Tech. I have the third one on my Attak too. Diff on mine now is the belt deflection nut for tuning as belt wears. Helluva lot cheaper than wasting belts! Thunder Products now sells them for Duane. Great add on!!! :letsnow:

Installed mine tonight, definitely lighter than stock. Thanks Bob, you the man. Can't wait to try the Rat weights.

Larry

Guess Bender got around the patent. Looks sharp though, but I won't tell you what I paid Duane for the whole deal...

I guess you could say it's not the same as the 911 (patent purposes) because the shaft diameter is not increased. It looks like they replace the bushing using the same diameter as stock. Should be fine for most sleds anyway, plus it's a bit less expensive so gives you a bit of an option.

If your picky, yes. If you're not, probably isn't critical. I would imagine it's fairly well balanced after machining.

That looks nice, does anyone sell windage plates to match?

Attachments

• t_picture_029_974.jpg
    t_picture_029_974.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 105
You can get the windage plates anodized but it wont match the billet but be close. Any benefit to the cover that you noticed right away?

The benefit is the bronze bushing that wont chip on the edges during cleaning and spring changes. Also as we all customize our rides I like the looks and would match the secondary for a complete look.

bufalobob said:
kinger:
the clutch in the pics is off my 835 srx trail sled ( 194 h.p. @ dynotech ). the cover bushing has approx. 30% more surface contact area on the spider shaft than the stock cover. this along w/ the bronze bushing will not only be more durable but also improve shifting. i did not weigh it but it is definetly lighter. you can use any weights w/ this cover. as you can see in the picture my clutch has heel clickers in it.
bob
My question Bob if I Install this on my stock clutch with stock weights will this effect the stock clutch operation in a negative way like the current weights would be incorrect?

The cover is only a guide for the spring and nothing more. The only negetive effect it can have is if it was way out of ballance you will feel a vibration at high rpm's.

Back