• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bender Turbo Power #'s

Drag racing cars are much different that two strokes, but a four stroke high compression four cyclinder R-1 motor is very similar to import drag racing powerplants. This is where turbocharging is huge and every horsepower counts.

The high intake temps should take care of the water but after the sled is shut down and left outside overnight there is a possibility that ice that has formed inside the charge tube would not melt before hitting the motor, That could cause some problems

In regards to the temps that sleds are exposed to, the colder the better for forced induction. The only issue is that you have your minimal oil and coolant temps. Also keep in mind that windchill does not affect inanimate (non-living) objects, so -40 without windchill is an unrealistic figure.

We are talking about condensation developed by hot and cold air, not a puddle in the intake. I personally believe that the amount of condensation would so little if any that any effect would be negligable. Air temps coming out of the turbo from the comprssed air would instantly turn any water droplet into vapor.

Maybe were you live thats unrealistic,Its the norm in northern ontario,Im sure you wouldnt have problems in illinios,In northern ont theres not such thing as no problems in the winter time and most are water related!

-40F BRRRRRRRRRR! Wow, if you get that regularly I feel for you. 95% of the snowmobiling I do is 8 hours to the north of me in the keewinaw area, towards Greenland MI, and the Munising area. Although this year I am planning New York, New Hampshire, and a trip to Canada (somewhere north of Maine). It should be a good test for my new Warrior.

like vcrash was saying we have january to febuary is -30 to -40 out not windshild

so yes water in a turbo heat exchanger like benders will be no good to us
as it will freeze over night then what
take out the torches i guess
got to cary a blow torch for a bender turbo
lol
yeah were we supose to store that thing dose bender give a holder for under the hood?
:roll: :idea: :roll: :?:

There would be no condensation because the water in the air has to come from somewhere. Remember that the air starts off cold, gets heated by compression, then gets cooled off. After the air gets heated up, it is not exposed to any water, therefore it is not saturated when it hits the cold. In fact, when it is cooled down, it is STILL not saturated and can absorb MORE water.

There will be no condensation unless you connect water into the air after it gets heated and before the cooler.

SrXxTrEeM, you are forgetting that any of this condensation that you are concerned about being frozen in the tunnel cooler would have to break free then go through the front intercooler. The intercooler would act as a screen holding it back and the ice would evaporate in seconds causing no damage or ill effects. I definitely see your concern about having ice enter ther motor but I don't see it to be possible. Water would definately be a concern if it entered the intake in a portion large enough to hydrolock a engine but I don't think condensation from the tunnel cooler would cause this as the condensation would have to come after shutdown.

SrXxTrEeM, you are forgetting that any of this condensation that you are concerned about being frozen in the tunnel cooler would have to break free then go through the front intercooler. The intercooler would act as a screen holding it back and the ice would evaporate in seconds causing no damage or ill effects. I definitely see your concern about having ice enter ther motor but I don't see it to be possible. Water would definately be a concern if it entered the intake in a portion large enough to hydrolock a engine but I don't think condensation from the tunnel cooler would cause this as the condensation would have to come after shutdown.

Back