• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bender Turbo Power #'s

bender stange 1 is there trail one dont have a intercooler
so yes the ice would hurt the fins on the turbo ..
just like in a peterbilt truck with a 600 hp cat
when condensation gets in the air to air rad pipes it causes little type ice chunks an if you leason realy well when the hood it up you hear it pass in the turbo ...
then after a few time of that crap .. take your turbo apart and see what it looks like

ice is just as bad as sand ...... if you dont think so come on down i will show you 12 or 13 turbos sitting on my shop floor... ...

EVEN IF I WAS NOT SPONCERED BY JEFF [CPR]! bender turbo would be the last one i would ever buy . its going to have the worse turbo lag and a crapy cooling kit on it.. stage one hase no intercooler it cald a heat exchanger , stange 2 well its got a intercooler but still have bad lag...

time will tell when show hits ... and on the ice whos got what .....

so realy this bench racing we are doing its just blowing hot air ... time will tell .... not one of you seen a CPR TURBO yet but you will in novi ;)
and 90% of you will see mine go and maby get try it ...

hey i was thinking here . since i do that alot...

those bender turbos has a little oil tank under there turbos .. so waht happends when you shut down at night or for the week in -20 .. how long dose it take for oil to get back in the turbo ?

i have a ? here

since bender uses a oil tank at the bottom of its turbo ,, what happens when its -30 and it sits all night ,all the oil is out of the turbo when you go to start it .. how long dose it take for oil to heat up and get moving again ?
i dont think that is too good on trubo , i can see replacing the turbo lots..

quote]since bender uses a oil tank at the bottom of its turbo ,, what happens when its -30 and it sits all night ,all the oil is out of the turbo when you go to start it .. how long dose it take for oil to heat up and get moving again ?
i dont think that is too good on trubo , i can see replacing the turbo lots..[/quote]

And this is different from your engine how?

Turbos

Personally, I think all the turbos are good. Anything that helps to make the RX-1 better is good for all of us. I think we shoud focus on making all od=f them better, rather than saying mine is better tan yours etc. Everybody has different opinions and needs and can pick the one that suits them. Since they all put out similar power, we should be talking about clutching and gearing and suspension setups that will help all of us beat the competition, For those of us that have forgot, that would be the cats, doos & polarises. That being said, I do believe that the CPR & McXpress Turbos are very similar. I have yet to hear any owner of either the Bender or McXpress turbos say a bad thing and since they were the only ones out there last year, they have that much going for them. I am sure the others will work just as well this year, which is to everybody's benefit. So can we stop worrying about who has the best Turbo and start worrying about how to get the pwer to the snow?????? :?: :?: :?: I think that would be much more beneficial to all.

The issue of condensation in charge tube under the tunnel is an interesting one. I can tell you we ran three sleds with a Bender turbo most of last winter and never had a stitch of trouble. And we were riding in 3' of powder. Concerning the turbo lag: the sled doesn't have the snap of a 2 stroke, but it didn't stock either. I couldn't tell much of a difference from stock. Keep in mind though, I ride in the mountains of Utah and Idaho which is quite different than many of you. The only problem we have found with the Bender Turbo is oil leaks out of the oil tank when we go vertical! However I have spoken with Bender and they have an update kit that will fix the problem.

If anyone in my area has a different type of turbo I would love to go for a ride and compare. I'm all for a better mousetrap!

Back