• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bergstrom carbide ??

06apexrtx

Expert
wanted to get some w/ the ski savers for the wifes vector and was wondering how long carbide and wears a good cheap place to buy them? going to be putting in 96 studs as well. thanks

I believe the only place to buy them is through Bergstrom. After 3200 miles (not all on snow) my Bergstrom 6" carbides look like they still have about 90% of the life in them. They hardly wore at all and I can imagine not changing them for quite a few years. They have to be good for at least another 6000 miles if not more. The ski savers didn't work out so well for me. It could be that I tightened the bolts too much on the carbides, but the ski savers that I was using (I tried both the thin and the thick ones) all warped. The carbide runner creates a contact line on the ski saver, and underneith the ski saver is the groove in the ski where the carbide would normally set. So you have the carbide trying to push the ski saver (really just a strip of plastic) into the stock carbide groove of the ski. I am happy with just the carbides and the shims.

Berstrom triplepoints are the best wearing bar on the market. combined with ski savers and proper shiming for your skis makes a great package too improve front end handling.

thanks for the info guys. i'll have to check into the shimming of her skis. i just bought this sled w/ 660 miles on it and the stock runners wear gone( i mean 1/16" thick) left. he must have rode the thing down the road along ways.

a great update for her skis is to go to an arctic cat dealer and buy their long version of offset duallies.

they will need two studs moved and rewelded to fit the ski.

they track perfect and dont pack with snow and ice like woodys duallies, cheaper too.

I have 6"triples on mine and absolutely love them. No darting and they last a very long time. E-mail Scott and he will take care of you. Mention your a member of ty and he will give you a discount.

Get your order in to Bergstrom ASAP. It take a long time to get, especially closer to snowmobile season.

Grimm said:
Get your order in to Bergstrom ASAP. It take a long time to get, especially closer to snowmobile season.

I put my order in about 1.5 month still waiting, I did talk with him hopefully this week or the begining of November.

06apexrtx said:
thanks for the info guys. i'll have to check into the shimming of her skis. i just bought this sled w/ 660 miles on it and the stock runners wear gone( i mean 1/16" thick) left. he must have rode the thing down the road along ways.

Mine wore out by 400 miles, Here in WNY you cross a lot of roads and even do some side road riding so it is something unavoidable.. Stock carbides are horrible..

wigyami said:
Grimm said:

I put my order in about 1.5 month still waiting, I did talk with him hopefully this week or the begining of November.

When you talked to him, what was his excuse? Supplier issues? Stolen shipment? Just curious.

I have a set of CB Performance carbides to try out this year. Apparently their carbides are more durable than most aftermarket suppliers, we'll see.

Support the advertisers here on TY, it's beneficial to the site, plus you can get your runners delivered in a week.

Grimm, i just emailed him and he got right back to me. but i can tell you if i havent heard from him by 1st of dec. i' ll him to forget it as thats a month and should be plenty of time. have you paid for yours already as well?

I got my runners from CB Performance in less than a week, sent out Monday, arrived Friday. I also picked up a track at the same time.

Back