• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best 144 skid for a Nytro?

snowpromod

Lifetime Member
Hi All,

I am looking into another project sled and it looks like I might have a Nytro coming in - my question is what is the best 144 skid for the Nytro? I ran a ZX2 in my Apex and loved it - but it looks like alot of people are happy with the XTX skid. Looking at options.

Thanks Matt

XTX skid is awesome, just needs a re-valve. It really is the front suspension that really requires the re-valve, to aid in the overall handling of the sled. I think Turk was thinking of putting in a ZX2 in his Nytro XTX. Maybe PM him for some info.

Matt your spoiled now after the Zx2 you wont find anything you like again! LOL

The only other suspension I would consider would be the EZ ryde but at $2500+ they are way to proud of it for me to spend that kinda coin when the ZX works as good as it does...

I rode a XTX for awhile and like stopdropanroll said its ok, there is a LOT of adjustment with it and I played around with a bunch of it. I got it riding what I thought was pretty dang good, then hopped on my apex and was like oh baby I missed you....

The sled I have comming in is a MTX - it has a Timbersled 162 rear skid in it, I might keep the Timbersled Kit and have Ice Age build me a set of 153 tipped rails! I was not looking to build a sled this year, but once the ball gets rolling it is hard for me to stop, LOL!

i have a set of IceAge rails (non tipped up 153 rails) with a Camo 153 2.25 track that i would be possibly interested in swapping for your 162 if you are interested. What track is on it?

Looking to go to a 162 for this year with the Camo extreme 2.5.

PM me if you are interested.

I am pretty happy with my stock XTX skid with Ohlins shocks. The right shocks make a big difference...less money than entire new skid and less work.

XTX skid is terrible with a capital T, and I like messing with my suspension. After countless attempts to improve it because of hyfax wear, limitor strap issues and just lack of performance I ended up putting an EZ-ryde under mine. Just need to get it tuned in, I'm selling my stock one if anyone is interested

The XTX is a crossover sled which means a compromise - quite OK in most situations but never the best in any single situation. If you are looking for top speed it is quite OK, but for sure not the best. There are options with less rolling resistance that offer improvements in top speed. If you are a hardcore rough trail rider it is also quite OK, but for sure not the best. There are options with better shock absorber packages, better linkage geometry as well as better durability. If you are a powder surfer it is also quite OK, but for sure not the best. Even at the same track length, there are options with better flotation properties and better weight transfer, improving the off trail capability.

The definition of "best skid" is all about what you want it to do. So, what do you want it to do...?

Back