• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Battery

nswsparky

Pro
Website
www.nsw4x4.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Phazer
The battery I have in my 07 is less than two years old it is one of those expensive sealed battery. It seems to not put out the cranking amps when it is cold I just did the computer, springs light oil. It spins over so slow when it is cold no way for it to kick over. I even use it in my motorcycle in the summer so it does not sit for any amount of time. This thing should not be bad it cost $120. What battery is everybody using that works, puts out the best cold cranking amps.

Mine was doing the exact same thing. Had a brand new battery, a good one at that. When I first got it it turned over like a champ. Then for about a week it would turn over slowly in the cold especially and kinda slow in normal temps.

Then eventually it didn't start at all. Because of the starter bolts coming out. Ending up doing the loctite bolt fix and she starts right up!

This just happened to me about a week ago.

Dang I will have to dig into the bastard again just got the computer in, and the decomp springs, and the steering fix. I guess I have found a lot of loose bolts around the sled.

yes make sure you eliminate the battery before doing all that work.

I just picked up an YTX-14H- BS for my Phazer. Its 260 CCA vs 200 for the regular one. Paid $80. Its a Motorcross brand which is Yuasa's dealer brand.

yamahas said:
yes make sure you eliminate the battery before doing all that work.

Actually, it should be : Make sure you loctite the starter before anything. on 07's they all fail eventually, it will leave you stranded and it can be costly if not caught early.

Well it's much easier to get a battery load tested then to tear apart the sled. I agree it needs to be done anyway but if it's just the battery it may get him on the snow asap.

Anti gravity battery in the wifes Phazer. Expensive but holy crap does that thing crank!!

Back