• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Carbides for 2005 rx-1 ER

acucu

Can anyone recommend the best set of carbides for a 2005 rx-1 er?

First ride this weekend - wow what a machine.

acucu said:

First thing I did after riding my new sled for a short period of time was to take off the stock carbides. They were junk! Put on a set of 6" but still not happy. So this year I purchased a set of the Woodys Doolys. Going to give them a try.

If I had not alreay purchased them, I would have given these a try.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=17402

Ken

Last year I rode my 05 RX-1 for one weekend and then swapped the stock carbides to a pair of 6 inch doolys by woodys. It made a world of difference.

Yes I did the same,I installed Dooly's but don't do the same I did...make sure to install 6" carbides even if your not studded...I only put 4" and its not enough,darting is elimenated to 90% the trade off is it tends to push in corners in loose soft snow,be careful,otherwise they are great.

Next set I'll be trying the new "DUECE" from STUDBOY they seem to be less "DRAGY" a bit of lower profile... :yam:

I ordered a set of Bergstrom Triple Points. They are supposed to be quite a durable runner. Three rows of carbides run side by each on each runner. Still haven't gotten them though, ordered 3 weeks ago. So if you want them now, you probably won't get them until the end of month.

I'd look into the Studboy Shaper bars. The reviews I've read are excellent. They also have a "Deuce" bar which is kind of like the Woody's Doolys, except the carbides are mounted on one "bar". I would have gotten these if I hadn't ordered the Bergstroms.

Woody's Dooly's on my 04 Warrior (my brother and dad have same sleds and carbides as well)....They're pretty awsome and had zero darting...Made a world of difference over the stock junk they put on. I've used Stud Boy products in the past but now have Woody's picks and carbides and wouldn't go back. Woody's just seem to last longer, in my opinon....BTW my carbides got 2600 miles, my dad's got 3000 and my brother's got 3600 miles on his...They're not perfect, but there's enough 'meat' on the carbide to either sharpen or have a really good set of backups, just in case. Good luck. :Rockon:

I've heard that riders had problems with the Woody's Doolys...the runners get clogged up with snow and the sleds end up pushing in the turns. I hear they clear up issues with darting though.

RX1-er-2005 said:
Yes I did the same,I installed Dooly's but don't do the same I did...make sure to install 6" carbides even if your not studded...I only put 4" and its not enough,darting is elimenated to 90% the trade off is it tends to push in corners in loose soft snow,be careful,otherwise they are great.

Next set I'll be trying the new "DUECE" from STUDBOY they seem to be less "DRAGY" a bit of lower profile... :yam:

Trust me they work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used the dooly's last year with great straight line results.. But they pushed in corners.. I put the new duece bars on, now I have the best of both worlds......... MM. ;)!

I've been a long time Dooly's fan...but they do push tru the corners and suck up some of your top speed. This year I'm trying the Studboy Duece Bar. A twin carbide mounted on a single turning bar with the concaved sides. I'm hoping these offer the best of both worlds ;)! ;)!

acucu said:

Bergstrom Triple Points are in a class of their own in the current market...

Maybe at some point someone will come out with a higher performance, longer wearing carver...but for now...you're simply choosing to go with something inferior...if you go with anything else... :Rockon:

Back