• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BEST EXHAUST

I love my AAEN. Not sure of the specifics really, but claim is 7lb drop and 6HP increase. I changed my gearing at the same time I dropped the exhaust and it's a whole nother animal. Definately is meaty.

On a side note, I wasn't really going for sound when I got it, but I love it now. I'm always getting comments about "best sounding sled on the hill" and what not. Guess that's all a matter of perspective though. When I had to tow my buddies Arctic Cat M7 out last weekend he said the pipe was really annoying him. ;)!

AAEN Site:
http://www.aaenperformance.com/Yamaha_Nytro.asp

Vid I made of the install:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0538420494

Rx1 cowboy said:
Skyler, have you had a chance to take any vids of the MPI exhaust yet?
I seen on Snowest that Skyler got canned from MPI, guess he was trying to help people, something MPI wasnt used to.

SilentSno said:
Search is your friend.

But most have done either Skinz Silencers(SuperQ or UltraQ), Excell Exhaust, or Slip on Motorcycle Pipes. All with great success.

I did a Skinz Ultra Q myself.
Is there any difference in the SQ and the UQ other then sound or noise levels. They claim around 85 +-7 db. I don't want a loud exhaust but do like the idea of the bolt on hp and weight save. Thanks

fiddlersgreen said:
Is there any difference in the SQ and the UQ other then sound or noise levels. They claim around 85 +-7 db. I don't want a loud exhaust but do like the idea of the bolt on hp and weight save. Thanks

Sound is louder but price is a tad cheaper, I wanted a nice sounding, not super loud, so the UQ is what I choose, I love it.

Excell full exhaust. Great sound, light weight, HP gains and unbeatable service! Cant go wrong through Ulmer or direct.

I second the comment on the full Excell system. I have one and it is a bit louder than stock, but it sounds great. It is the header that adds the extra HP, not so much the muffler. So, if you are looking lighter weight, better sound, and more HP, the full Excell system is the way to go.

There is a guy on Snowest selling a brand new system for $900 CAN which is a pretty good deal.

I third the excell full, I have one on my xtx and have one ordered for my mtx se 162. Great product, makes great power and service from excell and ulmer racing is second to none!!!

Anyone try the Hartman exhaust???
Looks good. I'm wondering about the sound.... is it too loud. They claim 1-2 db over stock with desent weight savings.

SilentSno said:
fiddlersgreen said:

Sound is louder but price is a tad cheaper, I wanted a nice sounding, not super loud, so the UQ is what I choose, I love it.

ditto that...but I am grabbing their new under tunnel set up which should make for a VERY quiet sled, and nice use of the top of the tunnel too!!!

:)

mtdream said:
SilentSno said:
fiddlersgreen said:

ditto that...but I am grabbing their new under tunnel set up which should make for a VERY quiet sled, and nice use of the top of the tunnel too!!!

The under tunnel sounds good. Is it on their web site yet???

tomMTX said:
I love my AAEN. Not sure of the specifics really, but claim is 7lb drop and 6HP increase. I changed my gearing at the same time I dropped the exhaust and it's a whole nother animal. Definately is meaty.

On a side note, I wasn't really going for sound when I got it, but I love it now. I'm always getting comments about "best sounding sled on the hill" and what not. Guess that's all a matter of perspective though. When I had to tow my buddies Arctic Cat M7 out last weekend he said the pipe was really annoying him. ;)!

AAEN Site:
http://www.aaenperformance.com/Yamaha_Nytro.asp

Vid I made of the install:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0538420494

I watched your video a while ago, nice job. I am running a aaen exhaust this year and can't wait to hear it on my sled.

fiddlersgreen said:
mtdream said:

The under tunnel sounds good. Is it on their web site yet???

Nope...it is being developed as I type...should be ready early to mid season is my best guess...

I'm wating for somthing new to come along.
And I don't care how long it takes to happen.

Back