• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best hand gaurds / wind deflectors...

RedPhazer

Expert
Hi Guys,

I was wondering what you were all running for hand gaurds or wind deflectors on your phazers? I'm going to try running without the windshield this year and was looking for ideas? I've heard the skinz wind deflectors work well, but they only velcro on and seem like they would flop around alot? Plus, I don't really like the way the look. I thought about trying bark busters with the big deflectors but was wondering if too much wind would still come around the back. Also, I don't know if I would be able to put the windshield back on for really cold days with them on.

Thanks,
Tom

I've got the skins "pro series" they are the best hand guards I've used. Velcro works great. No flopping around. They are very warm. Money well spent. Sled solutions is good to deal with. :-o

You know the new oversized handguards for the nytro, that say Nytro FX on them. Yamaha has a plain set that just says Yamaha on them, that would be seet over your stock guards. Great look and wind protection. Saw them at Rich's Yamaha last week.
:bling

Im running powermadds. Planning on getting the extensions for them. I like the way they look, plus i relocated the pod so it looks pretty good! Its going to be interesting how warm they are.

I used the Skinz Pro Series on my old Doo. I couldn't wear my mechanix gloves, but was able to use shorter gloves and my hands stayed warm. My new Phazer has the factory hand guards. I'm not sure about the coverage yet. I did read somewhere that the bigger Skinz would fit over the plastic type hand guards....?

PattyJack said:
Im running powermadds. Planning on getting the extensions for them. I like the way they look, plus i relocated the pod so it looks pretty good! Its going to be interesting how warm they are.

I'll back that up, the Powermadds with extensions work well are durable and most importantly they look good!

This is what I put on my 07 FX

Attachments

• E-Bay 046.JPG
    E-Bay 046.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 131
  • E-Bay 059.JPG
    E-Bay 059.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 136
I just bought a pair of powermadds, and i cant figure out how they mount, i have the mtn lite, and there is no room on the bar to put the mounts, Has any one got pics of where they put their mounts???? or i will have to fab. some up on my mill

Nope, you just have to create a space between your grips and your throttle block. Ill post some pics for you later. I just loosened the throttle block and the break block and created enough room for the mounting hardware.

Here it is.

Attachments

• 1225594347_Handguards 001.jpg
    1225594347_Handguards 001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 1225594406_Handguards 002.jpg
    1225594406_Handguards 002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 134
cannondale27: With all the talk of too much heat with the rear tunnel closed, I decided for some insurance by making my own heat shield.

Attachments

• 2007 Yamaha Phazer 037.JPG
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 037.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 036.JPG
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 036.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 035.JPG
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 035.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 126

Back