• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best pipe for phazer?

I had MBRP can on my phazer. Was pretty freakin loud, so loud that when I drive through the club parking lot everybody looks at me. Maybe because of the loudness or because Ima a 6'3" guy driving a little phazer but that's another story. I bought a bunch of stuff from schmidt bros so I was able to send my can into the Chris over there who then modified it with the same core found in his exhaust systems, now its a tad quieter but now you actually notice a change in performance. I suppose I should have at least seen a dyno chart or something that can serve as evidence for the claims MBRP were saying you'd have after installing their pipe.

For the 300+ dollars I spent (because everything is more expensive in canada) I could have just gone down to my locate Canadian Tire and bought a cherry bomb, it would likely sounds the same and do diddly squat at the same time.

are most guys cutting off stock pipe and welding on the new modified pipe? is seat a big project to take off to get to the actual pipe??

Just cut and clamp.Seat is only two bolts but you will endup taking off shields and taillight.Shields covering flex joints should be inspected yearly along with manifolds.

Nah dude the seat is super easy to take off. Just two bolts on either side of the seat frame.
Once you take that off, you can see the hanger mounts for the exhaust.

but if you want to take the whole factory system out you need to remove the gas tank.
Mine is a 2007 so its just 2 bolts at the bottom of the tank, a breather line at the top left, and the sensing unit on the front of the tank. Its really pretty easy. Once that is out you have access to the engine and the manifold heatshield. Becareful not to damage the flex piping at the header.

Ultra Q on mine, got mine as a new "scratch n dent" for 120$ shipped. Love the sound and noticeably louder than stock, but not obnoxiously loud. Its louder than the 2 strokes I ride with at idle (stock was too) and about the same in the midrange/trail cruising speed as stock 2 strokes. About as nice of a tone as you can get on an odd fire 2 cylinder 4 stroke, some say it sounds like a "Pissed off tractor" and other say it sounds like a "sweet racing quad".

Back