• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best pipe for phazer?

yamahaboy94

Veteran
What's everybody using? I want one for mine with noticeable sound. Ultra Q? Skinz? Excell? Schmitt Bros? :yam:

Mine came with an MBRP can on it, too loud for me after 1 season (didn't see no real HP gain, runs fine stock) + neighbors/ landowners are special people who let us ride their property and waking them up at night gets the trails I help maintain shut down alot quicker.

Cops/ DEC in NY are just lookin' to bust any loud sled, my $$$ would rather be spent on something I enjoy rather than giving this state bucks. Noise isn't worth a big ticket fine but to each their own on that.......

Guys run most of what you mentioned, sure to chime in.
Excell's seems popular (not made for Phazer anymore- Laneo has a whole system for sale in the classified section).

I agree with Porkchop on the noise which is why I grudgingly took my Aaen pipe off and put stock back on.My Aaen required clutching in all but the most restricted configurations and it also has dyno charts which prove it made HP.Like Porkchop I make, organize and maintain trails with my club in our area along with just plain wanting to be a good neighbor.I had to remove it but desperately want that power back.

I run the R1 exhaust on mine its still quieter than most 2 strokes but gives it a nice deep sound it also is much lighter and that was my main reason for changing it. Lbs=hps

yamahaboy94 said:
How does the MBRP sound? Deeper or more raspier?

I'd say both really- deeper on the lower end to a raspy blat when it'd open up, pretty much no exhaust restriction to it like a some sport bike cans.

When I could hear it all day long over my Ipod (turned up to 11 :) ), that's just to much ringing for me.
1 winter (3 actual months/ about 800 miles, it lasted).

Just 1 Youtube sample I found, hard to be accurate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuJ8pDXJjw

Isnt MBRP the one that looks like this?

Attachments

• 02-29-08_1626.jpg
    02-29-08_1626.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 107
When snow/ice hits a hot muffler it can crack.This one cracked and was welded a few times.Finally cracked by a mount fell down and was thrown in the air about 30ft according to my buddy who was riding behind me.Said it scared crap out of him since we were on a mission at time!This was back when my tunnel was still open.Now closed like new Phazers I dont believe enough ice or snow would be by muffler to cause this.There used to be a huge amount of ice back there.Is a good example of the power of freezing water and I laugh thinking about it every time someone brings up undertunnel exhaust or does a bonehead move like A.C. did with mounting the heat exchangers a inch below tunnel.Cripes Ice moves whole mountains over time.Another good example of this is my YFZ headpipe.Hit a snowbank and it went.Looked like a M80 blew a hole in pipe!

Should send that to Yamaha and show them. Closed up that hole in the tunnel after the 3rd ride in 08.

how's the Super Q by Skinz?? says the Ultra Q is a quieter silencer and the Super Q is louder.

My son has a Ultra Q, probly the most user friendly and not so harsh for the landowners or trail officials..

I've got the Ultra Q and it's louder than stock but that much worse. It is definitely lighter.

It's the same one that is (was?) sold by Yamaha as the GYRT part.

I put a barkers on mine. I am not sure if it added much if any hp, since i did a few other modifications at the same time. It has a throatier sound. Make sure you get the silencer though for trail riding. I have passed through many police checks with no problems. Without the silencer it is really loud. It has been compared to a float plane taking off

Back