• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best skis?

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Just wondering what the best all around ski for the apex... I have simmons Gen II they are awesome in deep powder, but would like to try something else next year.... Gen III ok? or what else is out there....

I have powder hounds on my TAPEX and really like them, no darting and they are extremely flexible. Had the tip touching the intake on my boondocker side mount. Pulled sled away from tree and it flattened back to original.

if you want to sell your gen II's let me kno ;)!

Super Sled said:
Any others who run the Powderhounds? Will they float the heavier front end of the Apex ok?

Never had any flotation issues with the Powderhounds. Off trail is where they belong. On trail there were some darting issues though.

TURBLUE said:
Just wondering what the best all around ski for the apex... I have simmons Gen II they are awesome in deep powder, but would like to try something else next year.... Gen III ok? or what else is out there....

This afternoon I just totaled 100 miles on the Simmons Gen 3 skis for the season so far, and I have to tell you I’m pretty happy with them. I was running Powder Hounds the past two seasons and the Gen 3 ski is keeping a smile on my face. I can’t see that they would perform better then the Gen 2 skis though. I’m sure in certain situations they might but for the cost of a new set of Simmons skis, I would stay happy with what you have.

Powder Pros Kept the front up and turn good off trail. On trail they just flat out rock. I haven't had them in snow deaper then 3' and it was good snow, not much powder.

Just installed the new 8 inch powder hounds.

They are a huge improvement over the old 7 inch ski ------

(they actually turn on a trail) and float the old Apex quite well.

They are 12 pounds lighter than my Gen 2s and close in flotation and turning.

Probably the best all around ski available at the time.

C&A and Simmons make awesome skis but they are real heavy.

Back