• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best skis?

Thumper1000

Expert
What is the opinion on skis for the vector and apex for skis have simmons on right now and are great but I am getting old I guess and am tired of the workout I get in the twisties. What is a good ski that handles great on trails doesn't have the normal shimmy of the yamis in other words tracks straight as an arrow, doesn't push to bad in the corners etc. I ride pretty agressive and like my sled so I can do 100mph on a straightaway with one hand in 6-8 in rip rap, this is what I can do with the simmons is there another set up that just turns a little easier. Thanks

Thumper.........I have tryed afew different ones and it seems there is no (perfect) ski for any sled.. Only ones that can do the best job...USI did ok .... The BEST ski imo is still the one that DOSENT touch the ground !!!!!LOL...good luck on this one...

Arrow skis from kimpex track as straight as simmons on the snow and track straighter on curved hard packed roads. The turn as easy as stock skis with stock carbides. I have tried about a dozen sets of skis and these are the best so far. They are about the same foot print as the stock skis so if your trying to float over powder, they will be no better. I have simmons as well and they cant compare. The slow speed steering effort needed to make the turn is a killer and that was on my venture that was a lighter front end.
I love that I can put so much weight on the front end now and the effect on steering effort is nearly unnoticable. As with the simmons, 1/8 to 0 toe.
You can run these skis unshimmed and they will turn too easy but still not dart. I run them shimmed 1/4 to give them more steering effort for a better feel. Kinda like if your car has too much power steering, you cant feel the road as well.
I have been testing different variations of a set of triple threats this winter and they do work good, dart the least of any single carbide ski i have used as they run a shielded carbide(built in easysteer). The thing I dont like about them is that when the trail is hard, sometimes they dont feel like they will break free from the trail. With Arrows, I always know the sled is going to turn and I dont have to hit the gas to lighten the front end to make it do it.

Nothing high tech. here, just two keels for straight line tracking and deep rocker keels for easy turning and great bite in a corner.

below is a link to comparison pictures between the arrows and simmons from last year.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=550689#550689

Attachments

• 007 - Copy.JPG
    007 - Copy.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 92

Back