• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons skis or Snowtrackers ?

It’s all in the setup.
Not sure why people say trackers don’t turn on payment, only the centre carbide touches the ground just like any other carbide. I have no problem at gas stations, motel parking lots etc.

I don't have to much trouble on pavement, I always try to get myself lined up if possible when approaching the pumps or just parking, sometimes you have to slide the rear of the machine around to get back on your line, not a big deal.

If your crafty, just make a set of spoons for the stock skis. I have built them in the past for a few sleds with great results. SLP sells them for their own ski. It is the cheapest fix for stock skis. They used to be sold as Dartless plates on ebay. Not sure where they went, maybe cease and desist order from slp. Curve made a similar design piece for their ski too called the leading edge.

Snow trackers don't work for me. I have 2 set for sale, A Tuners 3's set and single Yamaha ski keel set.
If you were closer I would take the single keel set. I have a pair of ski's off my old 06 Apex that I want to put on my winder with trackers.

I put used Mohawks on my Vevtor. No more sinking in deep snow! I put new Slydog Powder Hounds on my wife’s Vector. However I put Doubledown Carbides on Hers. Per a suggestion on here. Thanks Happy Wife happy life! Next year I will put them on my Mohawks. When new they will turn on asphalt. Sorry low miles this year due to workload. No darting so I will buy a sharpening wheel for my drill for next season. And look forward to running Double Downs on mine!

I had an 05 Rx1 and used the SnowStuds Double Downs with the Bergstrom shims on the stock skis and they worked great.
Now I have a 13 Apex and use the same setup but on the Apex Mountain skis.

Back