• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Snowmobile Trip, Ever!

Metallicat

TY 4 Stroke God
I live in SE Michigan, and took my oldest child (11 years of age) to Island Lake State Rec Area for snowmobiling today. It was his first real experience on his sled (1979 Enticer 340) besides riding it around my parent's yard in South Lyon, which is limited and rather boring. He absolutely LOVED it! With the fresh snow, we were able to ride all of the paved park roads, then we went off road to the power line trails, then to the gravel pit area which is absolutely massive, and then we found other trail and off-trail riding areas. He climbed large hills with his sled, kept up with me, and just had an absolute blast! His Enticer ran great today. It isn't a sled that we would ever take on a long trip to the UP (he isn't old enough yet anyway), but for busting around this area it is great. I grew up riding a '79 Enticer 300 BTW. That was a sled that could never be killed. It always ran, it never died, and it never got a piston or ring change. It just motored on for nearly 40 years until it was finally scrapped.

On our ride today I wasn't even on my own sled. I borrowed my dad's 2005 XC 600 which he purchased a few years ago as a backup sled. Those old XC's were great sleds, too! Very comfortable and a great riding sled for a traditional, sit-down style chassis.

Anyway, my point is that everything that I enjoy, I enjoy 1000x more when my kids get to enjoy it with me too. The look on my kiddo's face, his excitement, his love for our ride together made this the best snowmobiling trip ever! I have been riding since I was like 5, so nearly 45 years. I still ride the northern trails in the UP with my dad, but he is nearing 80 years of age so our time together on sleds is limited, and we haven't ridden together at all this year due to his back problems. Time to pass the passion on t0 a new generation!

I asked my kid what was his favorite part of the ride today, and he said that it was when his sled flew through the air. He said he hit a large "jump" and his sled just absolutely flew! LOL! 2" of suspension travel front and rear will do that to ya!

Take your kids, they will love it!

For sure! Kids make it special! Had them on a 72 kiddy cat when they were 2.
My 5 year old rides a 82 bravo and my 8 year old rides a 97 ovation. I guide or follow them around with a 91 phazer 2 st.

Poor poor snow year in northern mn. Siderwinder is sitting in the garage.

But time with the kids is super super fun. Wish we had more snow so i could challenge them. Not enough snow to get em stuck. Haha

My kids loved sled rides. My youngest did 250 mile trip with me on my Attak. Tired but still smiling at the end of the day.
Now I get to take my grandson for a ride. We may only get 6 mile ride in but its a great 6 miles.
20210102_160501.jpg

This is great! It gives your kids goals too. Both my girls rode whenever they could now school ,work and time seem to get in way for them too often. But they are jealous as heck when dad goes. Especially when I ride the smaller sleds. I know they will one day get their own sleds and keep it going. Maybe preferably find a man that snowmobiles too. That would be perfect!

Back