• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best solution for saving pickup bed from carbides

jambro303

Website
powderjack.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX with Timbersled rear suspension, Cat running boards, Mountaintech A-Arms & skid plate, rollover valve, and a Powder Jack for getting the beast unstuck.
I just bought a new Tundra and had Line-X sprayed in the bed for some protection. But I assume my carbides are going to tear it up if I load my sled in there.

What are my options for saving the bed?

I have seen plastic ski covers but read that some are difficult to attach, or they slip off.
I have also seen wheel options like the Retrax (permanently mounted) and Ski Saver (removable) that both appear to allow steering and reverse operation. But they are $200-$300.
I have also heard of people using old bed liners or carpet somehow. I'm not sure how big of pieces or how to keep them in place once the carbides make contact.

Buddy of mine lays a 1/4" thick piece of plexi in his box (Says less than 1/4" will crack).

I have a 3/4" pc. of plywood that I use. It is cut down so the end is just past the tailgate. I can load onto it and can unload the sled on flat concrete by pulling the plywood out with the sled. Once the sled and plywood get past the balancing point, they both touch the pavement and then the sled can be either pulled or driven down....like a ramp. I do not have spray in bed liner and it works pretty good.

Is this your first Tundra? Have a 14 CM TRD-Offroad-loving it. Check out TUNDRACREW on facebook!

Sprayed in bed liner on my '10 Titan Pro-4x is pretty tough. I've had the Wife's Nytro XTX with Bergstrom triple point carbides in/ out of it a few times with no issues.
I'd first thought of an old piece of plywood that was laying around but it's wider than 4' between the wheel wells so a sheet would've all come out when unloading figuring the carbides digging into plywood, getting it off just pulling on the sled might be a real b*tch so F it on the over thinking & just put it in...... Try it.

Is this your first Tundra? Have a 14 CM TRD-Offroad-loving it. Check out TUNDRACREW on facebook!

Yep. This is my first Tundra. I'll check out TundraCrew on FB. Thanks!

Back