• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

better handling set up for start of season?

Bluebullet

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
my apex ltx gt handled like crap last year. Very hard to turn and had little traction on hard pack. Darted hard with 6 in shaper bars and would tire your arms after the 1st 50 miles.
finished last season with some improvement. Last set up was:
Weigt transfer to max
woodys dooly 6 in carbides
transfer strap at 3 holes showing
front springs preload backed off ( Wasn't )

notes found from last setup:
58 pics in rear
front spring prelaod not backed off
Rebound and damping clickers on 3

I want to start the year better so

Added about 80 new pics to the track total now around 130 -140
set front springs to 1 3/4 in measured upper locking nut to spring locking nut ( Spring preload now backed off)
clickers set to 8
set weight transfer to mid point

I think adding pics will help but found my front preload was not backed off I now can spin the springs buy hand when weight is off the front. What do you guys think?

- The studs will help.
- My sled has 3 per bar and my last Apex (121") had 4 per bar.

- When I bought my carbides this year, I was buying 6", but the rep told me to go to 9".
- Said it'd make all the difference.

- Haven't been able to play with the Ohlin's yet.

My 2006 Attak did the same thing to me before checking ski alignment. It was slightly toed-in. Moved it to slightly toed-out and my arms were not nearly as tired from fighting the steering. Easy to check and usually goes un-mentioned as it is assumed everybody does this, but thought I throw it out there.

Thanks too all! Herff one thing I assumed dealer would do ( same as 108 pics and only had 54) Good reminder!

My 06 handled so bad when i got it that it actually made me nervous when I rode it. I had to hold on to the bars real tight all the time or it would dart so bad I thought i was gonna crash. I made two changes and now it handles like its on rails. Started with ski alignment. Mine was toed-in. Adjusted to toe out according to the owners manual. Second was replacing the stock carbides with woody's dually carbide runners 8". Probably the best $140 I have ever spent. Hope you get yours dialed in.

Ski alignment check yesterday:

1 ski towed out 1/2 inch
other ski towed in 1/4 inch

Set both ski's now to towed out 1/8 inch

Thanks guys I would of overlooked that for sure!
Bring on the snow!

with the studs you will be alot happier with longer carbides i was running 6 inch and switched to snow studs dulleys 9 inch and loved them no more push in the corners.

Back