• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Better than RX-1?

Dipe06

I have a 03 RX1 now. I ride solo and with the wife on the back, about 50/50. The wife doesn't like it, it's not comfortable for her. My options are:

1) Swap the Pro-Action skid for a Mono Skid. - Cheapest
2) Get a two-up (Venture) - Don't make EFI ventures till 2009? I cant afford that new of a sled.
3) Get an Apex - I would prefer to not have a 2-up. I like the Apex. Will the wife be comfortable riding bitch on an apex? She's 4'11", 105 lbs, I'm 5'8" 150 lbs.

Is she going to be more comfortable riding an Apex or the RX1 with the mono skid installed? Or do should I look more into the Venture?

If I buy a newer sled, I'm going to get fuel injected, so the Venture is kind of out of the question because I cant afford an 09 to be able to get the EFI.

Is there an aftermarket backrest i could put on the Apex? Would an apex mountain be a more comfortable ride for 2 people?

Thoughts. . .?

I forgot to mention, she won't ride her own sled. I've been trying to get her to for years. You're right, that would be the best option. . But she wont.

You gave her height and weight but we are going to need her measurements.....just kidding

I use the seat jack on my RX and although my lady friends like it much better than doubling on a stock seat it is still not nearly as good as a true two-up sled. Try to see a seat jack in person and see what she thinks about the feel if you consider that option

I received so much #*$&@ about trading in our touring sled for an Attak. I had not doubt it would be good for 2 up riding. Revalve and spring the shocks and 2 up is a non issue. My girlfriend is about the same dimensions.

Back