• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

better track drivers?

A

Anonymous

My apex is only 500miles on odo, but turboed, and my stock drivers/extrovert are as worn as they would be on a 10000miles sled...

Is there anything better quality (and maybe lighter at same time)?

I searched juste about everywhere on the net and never found anything like that.

Where can I get them?

I looked as well

Also a price would be nice for those of us learing from this post. Do they have to be trued, or balanced, can they just be bought and put right on without vibes or any other problems running stock susp. and track? Sorry don't mean to hi-jack the post.

they want either 169 bucks canadian or 199 depending on where you can find them 117 is a great deal.

I was thinking these were cnc'd billet aluminum

Turbo Tim said:
http://www.avid-products.com/catalog/3__pitch_anti_ratchet_combo_drivers_for_polaris__yamaha__and_ski_doo_3687215.htm

Looks like I'll be doing mine too , the stock drivers are too soft for turbo use , mine haven't slipped yet , but they are wearing pretty good on the driven side of the extro.

They are spendy , but real good and strong.I have them on one of my other sleds.
>>>
I've read on here where people have had to "true" the Avid drivers ? Make sure they're perfectly round ? Did you do this on your sled ? Also I've read others saying the best extro verts are the Skidoo version, what's your thoughts on this ?

As far as I know the ski-doos are only produced in the 2.52 pitch, and are the best in those applications. The Yamaha mountain is a 3.0 pitch. No need to "true" any sprockets. The pitch changes as you start machining. People that think there is a gain in trueing drive sprockets are wasting their time. Taking material off the dia. of a sprocket reduces the lead on the teeth causing the track to ride up the sprocket. Like new chain on old sprockets, not the most efficent.

I just ordered a set of Wahl anti slip sprokets. Supposed to be good!!

Will tell you at end of season!

I was at the snowest show in boise, and Hartman Inc has some new drivers that look good, give him a call on it.

He said that they are new for this season coming up.

Re: I was thinking these were cnc'd billet aluminum

alaskanbowtie said:
Turbo Tim said:
http://www.avid-products.com/catalog/3__pitch_anti_ratchet_combo_drivers_for_polaris__yamaha__and_ski_doo_3687215.htm

Looks like I'll be doing mine too , the stock drivers are too soft for turbo use , mine haven't slipped yet , but they are wearing pretty good on the driven side of the extro.

They are spendy , but real good and strong.I have them on one of my other sleds.
>>>
I've read on here where people have had to "true" the Avid drivers ? Make sure they're perfectly round ? Did you do this on your sled ? Also I've read others saying the best extro verts are the Skidoo version, what's your thoughts on this ?

I've never trued any driver I've ever installed wahl , avid or otherwise
press them on straight and true and they'll be fine .Before I longtracked my warrior I had it up to 128 mph before I let off , I think I would've noticed any vibration.
;)!

Back